Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 3 screen issue

TX11559
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Rog 3 Strix - TENCENT GLOBAL ROM
Firmware Version: Version WW-17.0823.2012.122
Hello, I have an issue with the phone screen, it mostly started after I did the version upgrade however I do not think this is the problem.
The problem is with the screen, from time to time the screen seems to go into colors, as if the screen has some failure (like tv back in the days used to turn into some colors), and even in rare situation the screen won't turn on / off and yesterday it didn't even notice my fingers at all, so had to do a hard reset and only then it worked.
Now, sometimes when the screen fails to come up / turn into colors there is an area (top left) where I put my fingers and with really little pressure get fixed or worst (sometimes while gaming I press there and nothing happen which is odd).
Any idea what could be the problem ? it is the screen ? should I fix it or jump off my window? (joking)

30 REPLIES 30

TX11559
Rising Star I
2021-03-19.png
Here is a picture to show the problem

Aryan202
Community Legend I
TX11559

2021-03-19.png

View post
Seems like an display issue
I suggest you to get it to an service centre before the issue worsens
OLED issues gradually spread to the whole display

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
TX11559

2021-03-19.png

View post
If you have warrenty running than please rush to service centre AEAP as this should get fixed with no charges if service centre notice that device has no physical damage. And yes this is hardware problem and can be only fixed after changing your display.if no warrenty than report it to mods and see if they can help you out to get that fixed via service centre if you are sure that device has no Customer induced damage for hassle free experience.
Note:- Please dont forget to backup your important data before you submit your device to nearest service centre. Also take some pics from every possible angle before submiting.
To locate nearest service centre👇

Choose your region | Official Support | ASUS Global
If it is impossible to visit service centre during this pandemic period 👇

Call Us | Official Support | ASUS Global
Thanks!

TX11559
Rising Star I
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158118#Comment_158118

If you have warrenty running than please rush to service centre AEAP as this should get fixed with no charges if service centre notice that device has no physical damage. And yes this is hardware problem and can be only fixed after changing your display.if no warrenty than report it to mods and see if they can help you out to get that fixed via service centre if you are sure that device has no Customer induced damage for hassle free experience.

Note:- Please dont forget to backup your important data before you submit your device to nearest service centre. Also take some pics from every possible angle before submiting.

To locate nearest service centre👇

https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/

If it is impossible to visit service centre during this pandemic period 👇

https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

Thanks!

View post
This is the problem, in Israel Asus REFUSE to fix it, saying they do not have parts or can get it as this phone was not advertised here (They never got ROG phone to Israel, they only will with 5).
As for the phone, I got it off from Ebay, without knowing first what Tencent means (as many did) so now I guess I am just stuck with it ?