Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
5 month ? 🤷
13 REPLIES 13

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
rajatt1557

They keep on saying zenui 7, android 11 is under evaluation since 10 months now.

Wonder when will this evaluation end.

View post
Thats indirect way of saying clearly "NO" 🤣

Aryan202
Community Legend I
rajatt1557

They keep on saying zenui 7, android 11 is under evaluation since 10 months now.

Wonder when will this evaluation end.

View post
They can't say no directly
Mods don't have a say over anything and don't decide how much a model will be supported they just pass down information to us from the devs and upper management team which is responsible for these matters
So when the future support period is not clear and Asus doesn't have an confirmed support cycle they can't neither yes or no hence the neutral answer
But at this point you can probably understand it's probably no as even the latest Zenfones/Rog phones have only 2 os upgrade policy let alone 2018's 5z

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157780#Comment_157780

Spot on if you keep the same phone for more than 2 years chances are you really just want a phone not a device. Let's face it phones now are oblolete as soon as its big Brother comes out .

View post
True some do support your phones with 3 os versions but that 3rd upgrade period is very late and buggy (you can see this with OEMs like OnePlus)
Asus's 2 os versions,3yrs of patches with the unique hardware and software combination it offers is nice to be honest and if they decide to give 3 os versions in the future it'll be cherry on the top

Aryan202
Community Legend I
dsaikat127

That's the only reason why I like Apple even after the new models comes out they doesn't forget their earlier devices ( I know there is huge price difference, just pointed out) Don't get mad at me ASUS fanbois 😛

View post
Both aren't comparable
iPhone's iOS and Android are two totally different operating systems with different priorities,usage and user freedom
iOS only runs on an handful of apple products but android runs on hundreds of android phones by different android manufacturers with different ui/skins but gotta say google is improving the update cycle and ui integrity with every android version, project treble was a major success and now many OEMs offer faster and better software support
Plus pricing wise 5z cost slightly less than a half of what a traditional iphone flagship does and you can't even proudly say you get a "better and latest hardware" on iphone lol with that outdated notch and 60hz display