This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Crashing and Network Problems AFTER 167 OTA!!!

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
Alright, this issue has been shared by multiple users and I haven't seen any assuring replies that it is being worked on. The issue is that the phone has started randomly crashing out of nowhere in no particular situation. It's been twice that the phone has crashed while I was sleeping. After crashing the phone attemps to reboot but is stuck in the reboot logo for 2-3 attempts (The "Powered by Android" and "Asus" logos, you know that the current attempt is successful once you see those bouncy dots underneath Asus logo). Secondly, sometimes the WiFi and Network keep connecting and disconnecting again and again very fast. 
These two issues are being constantly reported by so many users, all of them with the added fact that "This issue started after 167 update" so please don't tell me to go to a service station as this is very clearly a software issue. I've read reports of a couple phones eventually dying after crashing randomly for 3-4 days. I feel like my phone has this time bomb too. Please fix this issue before more phones die out of ignorance

Here's the bug report : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-hzMebc4QyrGqeiSC34w1YVtqSogoQt1/view?usp=drivesdk
29 REPLIES 29

mail_ilkka_haka
Star II
kikoly said:
Some forum moderators are ASUS employees who can help to contact the service center. If you still receive the problem after receiving the phone, please create a new post.
Of course it's going to have the same problems as before since nothing was done to it.

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
kikoly said:
Some forum moderators are ASUS employees who can help to contact the service center. If you still receive the problem after receiving the phone, please create a new post.
Of course it's going to have the same problems as before since nothing was done to it.
If the firmware is still .167 after you receive the phone, they may not have done anything. Try updating to the latest firmware first.

Sagenut
Star II
Unhappily I have to join the Family of Motherboard Issue.
Out of the Box my phone started to make Fota updates. I was not aware of this possible issue.
Between the various update (it made 3 in a short time) there was some weird reboots, but they was happening just after every update and in the beginning I thought it could be part of the update process.
Phone worked OK for a couple of days then it started to have some freezes and reboots up to the moment where it remained with black screen, unresponsive, and then rebooted itself after more than 1 hour.
Now I am in the procedure to have a new phone giving back the faulty one.
Hoping to get a Good One, because the phone is really amazing when working (apart for audio section), but maybe it was better to ask for refund and look for a while the situation from outside.
I was in love with my Zenfone 3 (and it looks that our relation have to go on for now ?) and this made me to choose the Zenfone 6 for updates after 3 years
I really wish ASUS to sort it out as an isolated incident.

shivank
Star I
is the hardware issue been fixed..? or still people getting same 167 firmware out of the box..?

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
I had to toil for 3 months before i got a motherboard replacement