This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Asus, where are you?

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
Hi there! First of all, I am very sorry if I write badly, I am Spanish and I am using Google Translate. Also, I want to say that I am not an Asus Fanboy, I am just a simple user who wants to give my opinion.
I have a Rog 3 of 16Gb. I bought it as soon as it went on sale on the official website. I've been visiting this forum for a long time, I don't write much, but I always read. The reason I'm writing this is because I feel like I have a different phone than other users seem to have. What I mean is that maybe the Rog3, depending on the version, have bugs or not. On my phone for example, I don't have blackcrush, nor did I have the L3 problem, the battery lasts a long time and in general, the phone is doing quite well.
From here on, I don't mean to say that the phone is perfect, it isn't, and it has bugs, like all phones. I understand that this is a very expensive phone (especially my 16gb phone) and it is true that Asus should have better support.
We are talking about an expensive phone without VolTE, without monthly updates, with a security patch from December 2020 to March 2021 .. anyway .. I feel, that my phone is different from the rest of those who comment on this forum, but at the same time I feel that Asus support is very bad. Users need Asus to clarify its update policy. A 6 month old flagship phone should not have a 4 month old security patch, this is very concerning.
A flagship phone should have VolTE, when 3g networks disappear .. what do we do? do we throw it away? Asus please put the batteries on ..
In short, this is my opinion, my phone works fine, but I understand most of the complaints on this forum. I think we all deserve better support, we pay a lot of money to invest in Asus Rog Phone 3, and Asus is abandoning us. Just think .. if the rog3, 6 months old, is in the December 2020 patch .. where will it be in 1 year or a year and a half? anyway .. just think ..
32 REPLIES 32

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
momeimada

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157828#Comment_157828

I have the global version; I tested on this video and don't have a black crush.

But in 0 brightness it was hard to watch, and I think it's normal because the movie was too dark.

View post
"on 0% brightness its hard to watch", that's black crush.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158017#Comment_158017

There is no way in hell that you don't have black crush. If I see a single OLED panel that doesnt have black crush I'll literally hail the phone manufacturer to be the single greatest manufacturer on the planet. When people refer to black crush they mean greyscale banding, which I'm quite sure your phone also has. Infact I distincly remember you mentioning it that you have it but aren't bothered by it. All the Rog3 phones have greyscale banding without exception.

View post
You remember correctly,i do have black crush,but not on 60hz (which I thought the guy I replied to was using since he specifically mentioned not having one at all) and it's very VEEERY difficult to notice,hell I don't even know if I have it on 60,but once I touch 120hz I start to notice the blacks becoming blocks,and going up the ladder it gets worse
But since I have unlocked 160hz and I'm using it 24/7 since I loooove the smoothness,I do see the greyed out filter,the "severe" black crush more than anyone in here,or at least those who haven't unlocked it yet
Thank God Idgad about it tho, otherwise it would be quite disappointing and since I have a feeling you remember me stating why it's not that big of a deal for games and gamers alike,I think i don't have to start writing the same things I wrote 2 or 3 months ago
Moving on
Jesp.r

Hi there! First of all, I am very sorry if I write badly, I am Spanish and I am using Google Translate. Also, I want to say that I am not an Asus Fanboy, I am just a simple user who wants to give my opinion.

I have a Rog 3 of 16Gb. I bought it as soon as it went on sale on the official website. I've been visiting this forum for a long time, I don't write much, but I always read. The reason I'm writing this is because I feel like I have a different phone than other users seem to have. What I mean is that maybe the Rog3, depending on the version, have bugs or not. On my phone for example, I don't have blackcrush, nor did I have the L3 problem, the battery lasts a long time and in general, the phone is doing quite well.

From here on, I don't mean to say that the phone is perfect, it isn't, and it has bugs, like all phones. I understand that this is a very expensive phone (especially my 16gb phone) and it is true that Asus should have better support.

We are talking about an expensive phone without VolTE, without monthly updates, with a security patch from December 2020 to March 2021 .. anyway .. I feel, that my phone is different from the rest of those who comment on this forum, but at the same time I feel that Asus support is very bad. Users need Asus to clarify its update policy. A 6 month old flagship phone should not have a 4 month old security patch, this is very concerning.

A flagship phone should have VolTE, when 3g networks disappear .. what do we do? do we throw it away? Asus please put the batteries on ..

In short, this is my opinion, my phone works fine, but I understand most of the complaints on this forum. I think we all deserve better support, we pay a lot of money to invest in Asus Rog Phone 3, and Asus is abandoning us. Just think .. if the rog3, 6 months old, is in the December 2020 patch .. where will it be in 1 year or a year and a half? anyway .. just think ..

Hello Asus, where are you?
If you meant that you had no black crush on 60hz,that's alright my comment stands true
But if you meant that on higher hz and ESPECIALLY 160hz,you have no black crush,then you must be lying because I sure do know that we have the same exact device since it was EXTREMELY rare and I'm sure that from this forum here only 1% has the 16GB model
Please collaborate

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158027#Comment_158027

You remember correctly,i do have black crush,but not on 60hz (which I thought the guy I replied to was using since he specifically mentioned not having one at all) and it's very VEEERY difficult to notice,hell I don't even know if I have it on 60,but once I touch 120hz I start to notice the blacks becoming blocks,and going up the ladder it gets worse

But since I have unlocked 160hz and I'm using it 24/7 since I loooove the smoothness,I do see the greyed out filter,the "severe" black crush more than anyone in here,or at least those who haven't unlocked it yet

Thank God Idgad about it tho, otherwise it would be quite disappointing and since I have a feeling you remember me stating why it's not that big of a deal for games and gamers alike,I think i don't have to start writing the same things I wrote 2 or 3 months ago

Moving on

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45954/hello-asus-where-are-you

If you meant that you had no black crush on 60hz,that's alright my comment stands true

But if you meant that on higher hz and ESPECIALLY 160hz,you have no black crush,then you must be lying because I sure do know that we have the same exact device since it was EXTREMELY rare and I'm sure that from this forum here only 1% has the 16GB model

Please collaborate

View post
As mentioned you have black crush no matter the frequency, all OLED's have black crush. What you're refering to is color bending (pixelation) and while it's much less, than on higher frequency it still happens on 60hz, altho on very specific movies such as batman 2021 trailer and also only on 45 - 75% brightness, but it's still there.
For most games it won't matter but for games such as resident evil (if you use gf experience for example) color bending does even become a problem for gamers. It is fixable tho so we will have to hope my request will be fulfilled because then I might have a fix for the banding around next week 🙂

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/158054#Comment_158054

As mentioned you have black crush no matter the frequency, all OLED's have black crush. What you're refering to is color bending (pixelation) and while it's much less, than on higher frequency it still happens on 60hz, altho on very specific movies such as batman 2021 trailer and also only on 45 - 75% brightness, but it's still there.

For most games it won't matter but for games such as resident evil (if you use gf experience for example) color bending does even become a problem for gamers. It is fixable tho so we will have to hope my request will be fulfilled because then I might have a fix for the banding around next week 🙂

View post
I suppose resident evil gamers will do anything they can to fix it if they truly love those games
And according to you,Iphone 11 pro max and 12 pro max have also pixelations right? Or at least 12 pro max since from what I remember X and 11 had an LCD panel

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
The purpose for which I opened this post is not to create a debate on whether or not there is blackcrush. I honestly don't notice anything when watching dark videos on my phone. I don't want to upset those who do. If you have blackcrush, I give my support that Asus fixes it once and for all. The objective of this post is that Asus gives us better support, better updates ... etc ... but I think people did not understand it, so it is better for a mod to close this discussion.