This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Crashing and Network Problems AFTER 167 OTA!!!

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
Alright, this issue has been shared by multiple users and I haven't seen any assuring replies that it is being worked on. The issue is that the phone has started randomly crashing out of nowhere in no particular situation. It's been twice that the phone has crashed while I was sleeping. After crashing the phone attemps to reboot but is stuck in the reboot logo for 2-3 attempts (The "Powered by Android" and "Asus" logos, you know that the current attempt is successful once you see those bouncy dots underneath Asus logo). Secondly, sometimes the WiFi and Network keep connecting and disconnecting again and again very fast. 
These two issues are being constantly reported by so many users, all of them with the added fact that "This issue started after 167 update" so please don't tell me to go to a service station as this is very clearly a software issue. I've read reports of a couple phones eventually dying after crashing randomly for 3-4 days. I feel like my phone has this time bomb too. Please fix this issue before more phones die out of ignorance

Here's the bug report : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-hzMebc4QyrGqeiSC34w1YVtqSogoQt1/view?usp=drivesdk
29 REPLIES 29

kikoly
Hall of Fame II

My device started having issues after .167 update. Phone started to reboot when idle, 2-6 times a week. I finally sent it to Asus service center last week. I also mentioned this thread and that the cause is probably a faulty motherboard.

Last Friday I got an email saying that my device is being tested. Another email today saying that all the testing is done and device has been sent back to me. It seemed like nothing had been done, so I called Asus. They told me that they’d been running Youtube for two hours without any hiccups so the device must be ok. WTF!?

What a total waste of time. Now I have to wait for the phone to come back and then send it to service center again. Since nothing’s been done it won’t work any better than before. Good job Asus.

It is recommended that you create a new post for the problem you are experiencing. The moderator can help you to contact the service center.

kinguntas23
Rising Star II

My device started having issues after .167 update. Phone started to reboot when idle, 2-6 times a week. I finally sent it to Asus service center last week. I also mentioned this thread and that the cause is probably a faulty motherboard.

Last Friday I got an email saying that my device is being tested. Another email today saying that all the testing is done and device has been sent back to me. It seemed like nothing had been done, so I called Asus. They told me that they’d been running Youtube for two hours without any hiccups so the device must be ok. WTF!?

What a total waste of time. Now I have to wait for the phone to come back and then send it to service center again. Since nothing’s been done it won’t work any better than before. Good job Asus.

I found the perfect way to deal with the lazy people at Indian service centres. I thinks it's just standard behavior of this Industry in India. There are very few people in this industry who know their job (In India). The people who hire these people are also just there for salaries. Nothing to blame on the company, it's just Indian tech industry. So next time, send the phone after doing a factory reset. The lazy people won't even be able to set the phone up completely without it crashing twice or thrice. 

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
Take Samsung for example, and I've visited many stores. The lady who dealt with me was showing me the Samsung Galaxy A80 (I had already bought my Zenfone 6 so just to compare which company implemented the flip mechanism better). She didn't even know the basic specifications like which processor does the phone run on, what storage variants are available in the market etc. 
When I grilled her by asking questions like, "Why do I consider this phone when I'm getting Zenfone 6 and oppo Reno with flagship latest processors and better storage options at the same price point?" The only answers she ever had was
1) "Sir our camera quality is incomparable" It wasn't let me tell you.
2)" Sir the display is unmatched"
3) Sir it's a trusted brand name.

The lady didn't know the difference between optical and digital zoom. She even taunted oppo saying "Sir these people have brought 10x zoom this year, we had it in Galaxy S8"
While S8 doesn't even have 10x digital zoom let alone optical. She was completely silent when I said "I don't think so, even if it does, it would be digital not optical" to which she replied "No sir it was optical". Friends, the Galaxy S8 had only one camera sensor ???

mail_ilkka_haka
Star II
kikoly said:
It is recommended that you create a new post for the problem you are experiencing. The moderator can help you to contact the service center.

Really? Forum moderators contact service center? Hard to believe. Doesn’t matter though. Fedex already has my phone and it’s being delivered to me tomorrow. After that I can send it back. Good times.

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
kikoly said:

Really? Forum moderators contact service center? Hard to believe. Doesn’t matter though. Fedex already has my phone and it’s being delivered to me tomorrow. After that I can send it back. Good times.

Some forum moderators are ASUS employees who can help to contact the service center. If you still receive the problem after receiving the phone, please create a new post.