This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Asus, where are you?

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
Hi there! First of all, I am very sorry if I write badly, I am Spanish and I am using Google Translate. Also, I want to say that I am not an Asus Fanboy, I am just a simple user who wants to give my opinion.
I have a Rog 3 of 16Gb. I bought it as soon as it went on sale on the official website. I've been visiting this forum for a long time, I don't write much, but I always read. The reason I'm writing this is because I feel like I have a different phone than other users seem to have. What I mean is that maybe the Rog3, depending on the version, have bugs or not. On my phone for example, I don't have blackcrush, nor did I have the L3 problem, the battery lasts a long time and in general, the phone is doing quite well.
From here on, I don't mean to say that the phone is perfect, it isn't, and it has bugs, like all phones. I understand that this is a very expensive phone (especially my 16gb phone) and it is true that Asus should have better support.
We are talking about an expensive phone without VolTE, without monthly updates, with a security patch from December 2020 to March 2021 .. anyway .. I feel, that my phone is different from the rest of those who comment on this forum, but at the same time I feel that Asus support is very bad. Users need Asus to clarify its update policy. A 6 month old flagship phone should not have a 4 month old security patch, this is very concerning.
A flagship phone should have VolTE, when 3g networks disappear .. what do we do? do we throw it away? Asus please put the batteries on ..
In short, this is my opinion, my phone works fine, but I understand most of the complaints on this forum. I think we all deserve better support, we pay a lot of money to invest in Asus Rog Phone 3, and Asus is abandoning us. Just think .. if the rog3, 6 months old, is in the December 2020 patch .. where will it be in 1 year or a year and a half? anyway .. just think ..
32 REPLIES 32

Jesp_r
Rising Star II
simo97.codega

I don't think there are problems on support, the phone get more updates than Xiaomi or Oneplus, the only problem is that these updates aren't solving the main bugs.

VoLTE or not I don't know, but I have 4g+ and my calls quality is perfect, so I wouldn't cry for this

View post
You said it yourself. If the updates do not solve the problems, it is because the support is bad.

Craven
Rising Star II
Lol. For someone who uses translate, you construct sentences very good. Anyway, you have a really good point and have all rights to share your views on the phone. Just don't pay attention to those who want to shut you up. They'll try to bring up nonsense just to win the argument.

Aryan202
Community Legend I

About volte support ^^
It's from Rog 5's firmware check if your operator is listed
If Asus beginning supporting volte for those operators on rog 5 the same would probably be supported by older models too through an ota

Aryan202
Community Legend I
I'll be honest here about the updates
"Rog isn't a lineup that's supposed to get monthly OTAs" or faster OTAs for that matter
I mean sure when the phone is newly launched or has some important bugs to fix yes there can be monthly OTAs in that instance for the first few months (features are added too)
But after the initial few months the support period turns to "bimonthly to every 2 months"
So you may not always have the latest security patch it's just not an priority for Asus on this phone
As far as I know as of now you'll get timely patches on Pixels,Samsung's top end flagships (you'll mostly get patches in the first week of every month) but in terms of consistency pixel fares better than samsung
And the changelogs aren't anything to be excited about it's mostly (Updated security patch,optimised system stability,fixed "X" bug )
Coming back to Rog Asus doesn't even has an official update policy yet you can see that by seeing past Rog phones (Rog 2 is still unsure to get android 11) I think it might though sooner or later,Rog 1 might very well be the first generation black sheep
I know this answer won't help you in any way I just wrote what I have seen regarding Rog in the recent past

Aryan202
Community Legend I
But again if you pit Rog against the other gaming phones that exist Rog's ui/software support/forum/accesory support, development is much better than them
You have official development for rog phones as Dev's get the phone by Asus (roms and google camera ports)
Asus is an really gcam friendly dev you don't need to root to access auxiliary (wide angle lens) and they provide access to 48mp raw on gcam for stock unrooted users
Right now Asus seems to be pushing phones with an unique combination of hardware+software which is according to your liking and are aiming for the enthusiasts mainly you can see by their phone line-ups of gaming oriented Rog and Zenfone with flip camera
Big battery, headphone jack, notification led,all the enthusiast focused in depth features in ui ✓
But I agree they need to have an cohesive update policy for Rog as other OEMs have improved their support period
Asus does update the Zenfones a lot better though (the Zenfone 7 got March patch on A11 beta 2 days ago) and the Zenfone 6 is on jan patch (got stable A11 in December last year)