This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dash F15 not working with HP Reverb G2 (vertical bars)

trduff
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Dash F15
Frequency of occurrence: everytime
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Used a thunderbolt to displayport in the Dash F15 thunderbolt port to connect to the Reverb G2. Windows mixed reality app finds the Reverb G2, the displays turn on but are showing vertical bars. Items in screen are tracking, but no color, mostly vertical bars. sometimes the right screen does work.
I'm only testing through the Windows mixed reality portal.
It almost seems like it isn't using/activating the Nvidia 3070 card, since the graphics usage stays low and the dash doesn't get warm and the fans stay off.
The Reverb G2 works in my desktop computer with an ASUS 3080 TUF installed.
56 REPLIES 56

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi trduff,
The converter you use for the Displayport to Thunderbolt, is simply port converter, right? or it is signal converter as well?
Thank you.

trduff
Star II
Cable Matters USB C to DisplayPort Adapter (USB-C to DisplayPort Adapter, USB C to DP Adapter) Supporting 8K 60Hz Black - Thunderbolt 3 Port Compatible with MacBook Pro, Dell XPS 13, 15 and More    
Model 201016-BLK-N 
and
Cable Matters USB C to DisplayPort Adapter with 8K HDR DisplayPort 1.4 - USB Type C and Thunderbolt 3 Port Compatible with Oculus Rift S, MacBook Pro, Dell XPS, Surface Pro and More 
Model 201086 
I can't post actual links, just realized they are both the same brand.
If I should use something different, please get me a link.

trduff
Star II
So they are active and signal converting.

trduff
Star II
I've discovered that if I disable the integrated GPU through the device manager I then get a 1-4 error when I try to start the Windows mixed reality portal.
So it looks like it is trying to use the integrated graphics instead of the nvidia graphics.
Any idea what to look at now?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi trduff,
We are suspecting it's a compatibility issue, but not sure it's because of converter or the VR device.
I will consult more to dig in.
The port on FX516PR is TB4, supporting DP1.4, while Reverb G2 is using DP1.3.
Do you have some simple adapter, just simply converting the DP port to Type C?
Maybe like this?
Amazon.com: USB C to DisplayPort 4K@60Hz, CableCreation USB Type C to DisplayPort Converter Compatib...Thank you.