This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dash F15 not working with HP Reverb G2 (vertical bars)

trduff
Star II
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Dash F15
Frequency of occurrence: everytime
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Used a thunderbolt to displayport in the Dash F15 thunderbolt port to connect to the Reverb G2. Windows mixed reality app finds the Reverb G2, the displays turn on but are showing vertical bars. Items in screen are tracking, but no color, mostly vertical bars. sometimes the right screen does work.
I'm only testing through the Windows mixed reality portal.
It almost seems like it isn't using/activating the Nvidia 3070 card, since the graphics usage stays low and the dash doesn't get warm and the fans stay off.
The Reverb G2 works in my desktop computer with an ASUS 3080 TUF installed.
56 REPLIES 56

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi trduff,
Is there any error code on the screen?
And after to plug in the headset display cable, does the display control center detect the device?
Thank you.

trduff
Star II
No errors, the computer thinks it is working correctly.
I can unplug the display port and it will show a 1-4 error. When I reconnect the cable it will automatically recognize and start working with the vertical bars.
I have tried setting all the headset options to lowest settings, since it wasn't working on the defaults, sometimes now the right screen will work.
I have also set the laptop monitor to 60hz, from the 240hz default setting to no avail.

trduff
Star II
I have these settings configured:
Windows setting/Headset display:
Change app window resolution: 720 the default is 1080
Experience options/change: Optimize for performance the default is let windows decide.
Adjust frame rate: 60 hz the default is 90 hz
All others are at default.
Windows display setting:
Advanced display settings/refresh rate 60 hz default is 240 hz.

Currently the right screen works while the left screen is showing the vertical bars.
When I say the right screen works, I can actually see the controllers and it tracks with colors and no vertical bars, but the screen seems to be only about half the size it should be. I'm only at the first screen within the Microsoft VR portal, I haven't tried playing any games.
Nvidia drivers version 27.21.14.6172 are installed.
Windows version 20H2 OS build 19042.868

trduff
Star II
By closing my left eye, I'm able to play a little, still very little GPU usage, while playing asteroids VR game.
vr-game-png.png

trduff
Star II
I installed the Asus GPU application, it does show the 3070 is being used a little while in VR.
capture-png.png