BPM
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3 ASUS_I003D
Firmware Version: .131
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always

================================
Hey, there. I was wondering if there's a way to automatically disable the Aura system lighting when the back camera was in use? Either with the camera app or when another app is using the camera (i.e. AR mode in Pokémon GO).

I've noticed that sometimes the glow from it can interfere with pictures (depending on the surrounding light). My previous phone (Razer Phone 2) would auto-disable its system lighting whenever the camera was in use, so I think it would be great if the ROG Phone 3 would do the same.
5 REPLIES 5

botboy444
Zen Master I
This exact thing happens with the lightning case ( I think that's what it's called, the one with all the dots on the back) so there's that option
screenshot-20210319-062011679.jpg

BPM
Rising Star II
Interesting. I don't get that notification toast when I pull up the camera. I also don't have the lighting case. Does it happen for you if you don't have the lighting case on?

botboy444
Zen Master I
BPM

Interesting. I don't get that notification toast when I pull up the camera. I also don't have the lighting case. Does it happen for you if you don't have the lighting case on?

View post
nah it only happens when i have the lighting case on

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Let me check with the team and get back to you! For now, the quickest way to disable system lighting while using the camera would be to add SL to the quick settings menu and temporarily disable it from there.