This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is ROG 5 weaker?

TX11559
Rising Star I
I saw a youtuber who does tests on phones, the ROG 1+2+3 all passed, and one of the reasons why I went with them, however the ROG 5 seems.. weaker and more easy to break?

Name of the video - The ROG Phone 5 has a Problem - Durability Test Fail!

By JerryRigEverything.
6 REPLIES 6

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
It's the weakest flagship of 2021

Jaganmohan
Rising Star I
TX11559

I saw a youtuber who does tests on phones, the ROG 1+2+3 all passed, and one of the reasons why I went with them, however the ROG 5 seems.. weaker and more easy to break?

Name of the video - The ROG Phone 5 has a Problem - Durability Test Fail!

By JerryRigEverything.

Is ROG 5 weaker?
Yeah its failed in normal bend test. Try to keep away this phone from toddlers/children who may easily break this phone. In real life usage I dont think so this bend issue will persist, unless you are sitting with a tight jean with rog 5 on your packet. It will definetely make your phone fragile.

TX11559
Rising Star I
jaganmohan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45898/is-rog-5-weaker

Yeah its failed in normal bend test. Try to keep away this phone from toddlers/children who may easily break this phone. In real life usage I dont think so this bend issue will persist, unless you are sitting with a tight jean with rog 5 on your packet. It will definetely make your phone fragile.

View post
I agree, on the normal day usage it shouldn't be a problem, however its sad, because the old ones were stronger..it make no sense.

Jaganmohan
Rising Star I
TX11559

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157710#Comment_157710

I agree, on the normal day usage it shouldn't be a problem, however its sad, because the old ones were stronger..it make no sense.

View post
Yes I agreee on this. Rog 5 should have survived as previous Rog phones. Antenna position and split battery seems like culprit here