cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 5 has failed Jerry's durability test

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
One billion colours gone in an instance ,one thousand dollars gone in a crack
Judging by the fact that every premium and midrange phone survives the durability test even the previous Rog's survived it ,well that's highly unlikely with the lastest rog 5 and it is a pathetic embarrassment
screenshot-20210317-232737610.jpg
screenshot-20210317-232614283.jpg
https://youtu.be/Dqi9QGyRWGk
Think twice before choosing rog 5 as it cannot handle a gamer's physical abuse on it
Asus were superstitious about number 4 bringing death but 5 died at the very first bend🙌🥴

38 REPLIES 38

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
Averan

Remember the iPad?it broke in two haleves on his channel?

Remember the OnePlus 7t? That failed his test too

But both are successful models sales wise and don't have any complains regarding build quality event failing tests on his channel

Jerry's tests aren't end all results and none of the users will apply that much stress knowingly

Even a top rated phone in durability can break after just one fall it just depends on angle of fall and a little bit of luck

That's all 😄

View post
Yes iPad pro had serious design flaw I was really shocked by it but we don't carry it all day in our pokets
in case of 7t only back glass cracked ,the aluminium sides were as strong as a tank 💥

Aryan202
Community Legend I
anjubunny123

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157639#Comment_157639

Yes iPad pro had serious design flaw I was really shocked by it but we don't carry it all day in our pokets

in case of 7t only glass cracked ,the aluminium sides were as strong as a tank 💥

View post
Yes you don't carry ipads in your pockets yes but still not a valid reason for such an expensive device but again apple has had the same issue on many of its iphones too beginning from the 6
But it failed his test that's the end point

botboy444
Zen Master I
okay so i got some time to watch the video, and that snapped super easily, knowing how much force JRE can put into bending phones, that antenna point is definitely a super, SUPER weak crumple zone that will result in phones bending, and breaking

even if the touchscreen gets a slight bend in it, it can totally destroy the rest of the touch input and render the phone an expensive brick
is it too early to take bets on whether or not the rog 6 will come out this year?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Averan

Remember the iPad?it broke in two haleves on his channel?

Remember the OnePlus 7t? That failed his test too

But both are successful models sales wise and don't have any complains regarding build quality event failing tests on his channel

Jerry's tests aren't end all results and none of the users will apply that much stress knowingly

Even a top rated phone in durability can break after just one fall it just depends on angle of fall and a little bit of luck

That's all 😄

View post
The oneplus 7T didnt break.
Also don't compare ipads to phones.

@botboy444 Pretty much, I havent seen a fragile phone like that since the HTC one M9

Razgriz
Rising Star II
Regarding blackshark, ofc its not breaking..
They designed its battery on left and right side, then cpu on middle, so its battery still help to made it strong if it bend like zack did, even with those antenna lines..
And dont forget, blackshark 3's frame is such a big brick up to backside of the phone..Only middle part of backside is glass..
Meanwhile rog 5 design is battery on upper and bottom side, cpu on middle, all glass back..
Ofc its breaking when bended like that, plus those antenna lines made its frame weaker..

I agree its design flaw..
But i'm confused too, maybe its already best internal design for rog phone, for now..
If its following blackshark, then we cant have side port because it will collide with battery..
I think maybe for next rog phone is try to make its frame composite more solid, like iphone did with their 6s iirc..Or make its back design like blackshark, spread its frame to backside..