cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 5 has failed Jerry's durability test

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
One billion colours gone in an instance ,one thousand dollars gone in a crack
Judging by the fact that every premium and midrange phone survives the durability test even the previous Rog's survived it ,well that's highly unlikely with the lastest rog 5 and it is a pathetic embarrassment
screenshot-20210317-232737610.jpg
screenshot-20210317-232614283.jpg
https://youtu.be/Dqi9QGyRWGk
Think twice before choosing rog 5 as it cannot handle a gamer's physical abuse on it
Asus were superstitious about number 4 bringing death but 5 died at the very first bend🙌🥴

38 REPLIES 38

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157628#Comment_157628

Don't get me wrong, I would love to do that if was a job and get paid. Just imagine that, getting paid to find ways of breaking a phone.

I love Jerry's video - he should go further and find more inventive ways of breaking a phone with real usage. Like when someone loses a game and get angry and ends up breaking it because they bent it so hard. That will indeed be very comic like show 😂

View post
Yeah man I feel you 🤣
I live Jerry's video's too
Been watching him for 5 years
A true legend in the mobile world for finding the desgin flaws

Aryan202
Community Legend I
anjubunny123

What if someone weighing 80kilos sits on a chair with lastest and greatest rog 5 in their in their back pocket

Best answered by @Averan

View post
First of all how can you have a 240gm phone sticking out in your back pocket and not notice it lol,the phones nowadays are so big and thick you'll feel it let alone sit with it in your pocket 🤷🏻
And your example is not something one will encounter as in his "normal usage" as I pointed out in another comment most people do baby their phones and this is in the premium category so you can't be that careless
I did state 1% probability of such accidents happening though but still I don't think it'll bother enough in everyday usage
If it's as bad as the iPhone 6 bendgate thing you'll know by seeing the forums
So all we gotta do is to wait for more people to buy them and check for themselves

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Remember the iPad?it broke in two haleves on his channel?
Remember the OnePlus 7t? That failed his test too
But both are successful models sales wise and don't have any complains regarding build quality event failing tests on his channel
Jerry's tests aren't end all results and none of the users will apply that much stress knowingly
Even a top rated phone in durability can break after just one fall it just depends on angle of fall and a little bit of luck
That's all 😄

anjubunny123
Zen Master I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157632#Comment_157632

First of all how can you have a 240gm phone sticking out in your back pocket and not notice it lol,the phone is so thick you'll feel it let alone sit with in the pocket 🤷🏻

And your example is not something one will encounter as in his "normal usage" as I pointed out in another comment most people do baby their phones and this is in the premium category so you can't be that careless

I did state 1% probability of such accidents happening though but still I don't think it'll bother enough in everyday usage

If it's as bad as the iPhone 6 bendgate thing you'll know by seeing the forums

So all we gotta do is to wait for more people to buy them and check for themselves

View post
Okay understood mate .....
Rog 5 ,it's time to change the diaper (display and back glass)

Aryan202
Community Legend I
anjubunny123

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157637#Comment_157637

Okay understood mate .....

Rog 5 ,it's time to change the diaper (display and back glass)

View post
Meh I don't think this issue is gonna be as pronounced as people are making it out to be
And we'll know by looking at the forums after an month or two