pradhyumna
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 3
Firmware Version: .133
Rooted or not: Yes
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Staying with ROG 3
https://youtu.be/Dqi9QGyRWGk

Whats your thoughts on this?

13 REPLIES 13

botboy444
Zen Master I
So yeah definitely a design flaw, not weakness in the chassis

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157602#Comment_157602

But isn't the primary cause for phone breaks is due to physical drops

Jerry's bend tests are kinda unrealistic in real life,I don't think it'll break in some of the cases you've mentioned above like in the pocket 🤔 like the iPhone 6 was a thin phone this one has an bigger frame you'd need much more pressure at the middle to break it like that

Just my thoughts

View post
Not at all. Looking at pixel phones and the Iphone 6, the bending causes the phones screen to crack, PCB's to bend which breaks solderjoints from comopnents causing all sorts of problems.

MrBlackCrush
Rising Star II
Usually I don't mind of bend test fails but in this case the phone broke after a minimum force, I've never seen jerry bending a phone so easily.
Compare jerry video with oneplus nord one, he bends it the same way but with a lot more strenght.
All top phones with 2 batteries don't fail bend test, so don't blame this.
Rog 5 was launched really too early and this make me think this is not the only mistake they did with it...

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
// Closing this thread as it's posted in the wrong forum section and a similar thread already exists in the ROG Phone 5 section.