pradhyumna
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 3
Firmware Version: .133
Rooted or not: Yes
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Staying with ROG 3
https://youtu.be/Dqi9QGyRWGk

Whats your thoughts on this?

13 REPLIES 13

pradhyumna
Rising Star I
screenshot-20210317-221335357.jpg
ROG 5 Durability Test Fail

Aryan202
Community Legend I
pradhyumna

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG 3
  2. Firmware Version: .133
  3. Rooted or not: Yes
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

Staying with ROG 3

https://youtu.be/Dqi9QGyRWGk

Whats your thoughts on this?

Rog 3 Black Crush Vs Rog 5 Cheap Hardware
Not really cheap hardware more like an flaw in the design
If you say it like that apple's iPad broke in half too in bend test
The phone has an different design and aspect ratio this year (taller) in the video it broke at the middle from the antenna band placement that place could've used a little more frame
But coming to this design in actual everyday usage you should be fine to actually break it like that you'd need to apple a very large force at the middle of the display (as you can see it's weaker around the antenna bands as it broke from there)
img-20210317-194533-066.jpg
Slap a case on it for extra protection and you're good to go
As an conclusion I'd say that normal drops shouldn't break it like that
Jerry's bend test reviews aren't that practical in real life for most people I mean it depends on you
But just my opinion on the matter 🙂

pradhyumna
Rising Star I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45897/rog-3-black-crush-vs-rog-5-cheap-hardware

The phone has an different design and aspect ratio this year (taller) in the video it broke at the middle from the antenna band placement that place could've used a little more frame

But coming to this design in actual everyday usage you should be fine to actually break it like that you'd need to apple a very large force at the middle of the display (as you can see it's weaker around the antenna bands as it broke from there)

Jerry's bend test reviews aren't that practical in real life for most people I mean it depends on you

View post
May be you are right, who try like this unless untill u r a famous YouTuber!

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45897/rog-3-black-crush-vs-rog-5-cheap-hardware

View post
Wrong, they are quite relevant. It will break if you accidently sit on it, have it in your tight jeans, have it in a full bag and so on. It's not about dropping it but applying pressure from everyday normal use. Also cases won't protect it due to the design having to expose to back.