cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 7: what I would improve.

dedinamarek
Star I
Hi,

I am the owner of Zenfone 7, I am very satisfied with my mobile phone. I like clean software, everything is very fast. But below are a few points that would still be missing.

1. Software support: I do not consider the delay on A11 to be a big disadvantage. This can just happen and I'd rather have a stable system. But what about additional support? Zenfone 7 still officially has only 2 years of updates + 1 year of security? That's not enough for me nowadays and on such an expensive phone.

2. Always on Display: Without notifications, it's more like a battery eater. I hope this will change for Zenfone 7 already.

3. VoLTE and VoWIFI: still not, but this has been discussed several times here.

These points bother me the most, but I would still recommend this phone!

7 REPLIES 7

fear_dot_com_20
Rising Star II
Asd518

My first experience with the Asus Zenfone 7 Pro phone may be the last, due to the weakness of the software and the lack of interest in security updates. Poor performance phones I got the Android 11 update and the Asus Zenfone 7 Pro phone did not get it yet! I hope Asus will focus on software like OnePlus

View post
Well.. OnePlus released software and then pulled it back becuase it had bugs...so I prefer so since they know they have bug...and they at least try to fix it before releasing

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
We had to roll out one more beta which it's coming this week. If all goes well, then official A11 is close. We're sorry about the delay but stability is more important then pushing out everything as fast as possible. The team that's working on A11 for ZF7 is the same as for the security updates and this is why you haven't received a new security update for a while. I've said it before and it needs to be said again. Security updates are a lot more work than you think. It's not a simple copy and paste. All manufacturers have their own modifications to android and these needs to merge with the new security updates. This means that with every update, there are new challenges that needs to be addressed before we can release the new FW.
We thank you for your understanding and patience. We're getting close now 🙂

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I think the ZenFone 7 is a great phone in every way. Firstly you don't have to have the always on display on but it's there for people who do want to use it secondly, I don't really understand why people get so head up about volte and vowifi personally I don't have a disere for it or not and finally I would never keep a phone for 3 years I see them like cars sell and trade up before they lose to much value ( 18 months to 2 years max ).
But that is just me so UNO what they say ,, horses for courses,,. But every one is different if we weren't it would be a pretty boring world I think they call that uniformity communism don't they 😈 lol