This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 3 phone cracked display

ROCI
Star II
2days ago my rog 3 started fading out colour from top side. After the night 15% of the display went black. I don't know what is causing it. After throughly inspection I saw a very minor crack inside the display, yes no dmg on glass or phone body,no physical dmg to see I never dropped my phone . Today 50%(top half) of the display is black. The rog 3 phone is still working 100% , Tuch is working as usual, fingerprint scanner working and the phone have no issues just the display fading out it's colour day by day.i am using it in one-handed mode.
If the black screen keep spreading then I have to go for a replacement for screen.my phone is just 3 months old . Will it be covered under warranty.

18 REPLIES 18

ROCI
Star II
Last Friday I submitted my rog 3 to the service center in my city . Center boy said that because of physical damage phone screen is becoming black and it needs a replacement which not covered under warranty.
I agreed and submit my Asus rog phone 3 at same day. They told me the repair will take 3 days . I have to live 3 day without phone.
Today(after 5 days) I call them and now they are saying that the display panel didn't picked up from factory , and it's still not repaired. I dont know what they are talking about.
Pls help !!!

ronald1985
Community Legend I
ROCI

Last Friday I submitted my rog 3 to the service center in my city . Center boy said that because of physical damage phone screen is becoming black and it needs a replacement which not covered under warranty.

I agreed and submit my Asus rog phone 3 at same day. They told me the repair will take 3 days . I have to live 3 day without phone.

Today(after 5 days) I call them and now they are saying that the display panel didn't picked up from factory , and it's still not repaired. I dont know what they are talking about.

Pls help !!!

View post
That is the part (the display) not arriving for the service centre to replace your display.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
ROCI

Pls help !!!

View post
Due to the ongoing pandemic, it might take longer than usual to get hold of new parts for repair issues. If you haven't heard anything from the service center by the end of this week, mention me or @ARP_ASUS in this thread.

pradhyumna
Rising Star I
I guess ur device display will turn completely black sooner.
Go to the nearest Service center, it will take almost one month to get ur device back.

pradhyumna
Rising Star I
I had a same issue, got replaced display free of cost and one month warranty extended too for one month delayed repair period.