Gpu overclocking

Ömür_Can
Star III

https://youtu.be/G5q1zSEp_kw
here the gpu clock is 1420mhz. how can I do that

16 REPLIES 16

Ömür_Can
Star III
you are right my friend. But if the 865+ can get 3.1ghz and 670mhz with overclocking and they sell it because it's safe, it should be safe for us to do that. All the same integrations are available in both variations. what is the difference?

jongayrat37
Star III
screenshot-20210316-231912587.jpg
screenshot-20210316-231908695.jpg
look bro, I put 865mhz the phone does not load, I insert 670 then the device turns on I want to get more frequencies I can't get it, what's up?

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Ömür Can

you are right my friend. But if the 865+ can get 3.1ghz and 670mhz with overclocking and they sell it because it's safe, it should be safe for us to do that. All the same integrations are available in both variations. what is the difference?

View post
I haven't looked into it yet, however you need to pay attention to what I said. The reason why 670mhz is safe is because of voltage. I will use arbitrary numbers so don't think they are actual numbers it's just for the sake of explaining:
Lets say you have 2 snapdragon chips on the same manufacturer process SD 865 and SD 865+, they have a certain tested safe voltage rating, meaning that's what is considered safe operation without killing them.
If your chip can run lets say:
670mhz @ 0.5volts then it's safe,
if it runs 800mhz @ 0.5volts it's safe,
if it runs 2000mhz @ 0.5volts it's safe

However it it runs lets say on:
671mhz @ 0.75volts then it's not safe anymore
200mhz @ 0.7volts then it's not safe anymore

Many of these OC kernels people use, use higher voltage to run frequencies and this can cause phones to die rather quickly. A user on official rog3 telegram has Overclocked his Rog3 to 900mhz and it died the next day due to the "wakeup" voltage spike. He had to RMA it as the chip died. This has also been reported from various other people who had an OC nubia, OP8 or Xiami Mi 10.
While it doesn't mean it will die instantly when you run OC it, you're degrading your phone over time. This is especially true if you remove thermal limits. Those limits try to prevent your chip from degrading over time, many have had OC kernels that would start crashing the phone because of SoC degradation and will eventually make it not even able to sustain stock speeds at stock voltages anymore.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157359#Comment_157359

I haven't looked into it yet, however you need to pay attention to what I said. The reason why 670mhz is safe is because of voltage. I will use arbitrary numbers so don't think they are actual numbers it's just for the sake of explaining:

Lets say you have 2 snapdragon chips on the same manufacturer process SD 865 and SD 865+, they have a certain tested safe voltage rating, meaning that's what is considered safe operation without killing them.

If your chip can run lets say:

670mhz @ 0.5volts then it's safe,

if it runs 800mhz @ 0.5volts it's safe,

if it runs 2000mhz @ 0.5volts it's safe

However it it runs lets say on:

671mhz @ 0.75volts then it's not safe anymore

200mhz @ 0.7volts then it's not safe anymore

Many of these OC kernels people use, use higher voltage to run frequencies and this can cause phones to die rather quickly. A user on official rog3 telegram has Overclocked his Rog3 to 900mhz and it died the next day due to the "wakeup" voltage spike. He had to RMA it as the chip died. This has also been reported from various other people who had an OC nubia, OP8 or Xiami Mi 10.

While it doesn't mean it will die instantly when you run OC it, you're degrading your phone over time. This is especially true if you remove thermal limits. Those limits try to prevent your chip from degrading over time, many have had OC kernels that would start crashing the phone because of SoC degradation and will eventually make it not even able to sustain stock speeds at stock voltages anymore.

View post
So the options asus has given us with hardcore tuning and unrooted are perfectly safe?

Ömür_Can
Star III
I understand you very well my friend. so I have to limit this to 670mhz.