This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take Notes Asus

Vamp
Zen Master I
Only a few people who own ROG II use Zentalk like double digit users. And everyone is saying ASUS is a 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 company because of less software support.
Every user is been rooting for better software support. Your updated as slower than anyone else. Even non - existential companies like Essential was better at software support.
It's not even been complete 16 months since ROG 2 released and updates are more than 3 months apart now.
No sign of any major update.
Software errors has been ruled out as hardware errors for random restarts because dev are so lazy to debug the issue and rather change expansive motherboard than minimal expansive coding.
Many more things with lazy software devs and mods motivates themselves by saying, "we are a small company". I mean what the literal 🤬.

If you can't keep up with the software exit the mobile phone market, you already have better reputation as a laptop manufacturer than being smartphone manufacturer. ROG II was a hit until software started getting delayed and crappy. ROG 3 wasn't a hit and neither will be the upcoming ROG if you keep using this little software support strategy. You can still gain some reputation releasing ROG II android 11 beta in next 1-2 month and sales of your next device is gonna depend on to how ROG 2 was supported, because many people have ROG 2 and fraction of people have ROG 3 so everything depends on ROG 2 and your upcoming device.
Promising 2 major update while releasing the newer device isn't gonna impact your sales given your history.

Either change your history or become History choice is yours.
83 REPLIES 83

ImShrey
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156969#Comment_156969

Not really a RIP logic if the main use of your phone is for gaming. Your point about customization, lots of things can be done using Play Store apps then. That is the whole point of using Android and that is to build up the customization on your phone. I use a screen dimmer, do I complain that the screen is too bright? no. I go to the Play Store and download the things I want. So your point on AOD and Fingerprint can be done on Play Store, that is if you wanted to that is.

Air triggers I only use for gaming, but I don't use the aura lighting 🙂 I do not use the air tirgger to trigger x-mode and extra. I also do not use gesture functionality. So yes, I am using this phone literally what the box says, gaming.

The battery optimizations you will get that for all phones. The only difference is that you have to turn it on like you have said. This is good for security standpoint.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156993#Comment_156993

You should really go for Pixel if you want to be the first and if you want to be on the latest version of Android.

View post
Again you don't use AirTriggers for anything, then that's why you don't have problems. Not everyone will use their phone the way you do.
Everybody has their different work flow, way of getting things done and enjoy on their phones.

Just because you don't use something doesn't mean no one should, right?

ronald1985
Community Legend I
ImShrey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157006#Comment_157006

Care to elaborate how it's good for Security to not allow users to get their work mails and conference calls?

And they have to bend over backwards and change 3 settings in different places per app to make it work normally?

Is getting push notifications a feature? Edge case that not many want?

View post
By the time the suspicious app is run (automatically) your anti virus from your company (I hope your company has one installed on your phone) , it would of detected the signature way before the suspicious is run on your phone (when you run the installed app).
Not sure by what you mean by 3 places. Only 2, 1. to turn the app on when the phone starts (Asus) and 2. the stop the app from sleeping (Android). Takes hardly 10 seconds.
By turning the above on, you will get notifications. I only need notifications for apps that I need like WhatsApp and Outlook as an example. Apps that do not need notifications or run in the background is YouTube and Netflix while your screen is off or your are not watching thus battery saving. You might need them because you watch Netflix. Turning off battery saving mode, well you will use up more battery than those who had it on.
ImShrey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157020#Comment_157020

So that's why you were saying AoD drains battery?😂

For basic features we have to use many 3rd party apps which will hog lot of permissions and ruin your battery life!

You're bootstraping your own argument mate.

View post
AOD does waste battery. I only shown you a picture so you see what you can already do. (By the way I have deleted my AOD already as soon as I have posted). How much battery AOD uses depends on what you choose, so thats up to you.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
ImShrey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157006#Comment_157006

Again you don't use AirTriggers for anything, then that's why you don't have problems. Not everyone will use their phone the way you do.

Everybody has their different work flow, way of getting things done and enjoy on their phones.

Just because you don't use something doesn't mean no one should, right?

View post
As your question is mostly about support and we want to keep this on topic, I suggest you make your own post about the issues you have.

ImShrey
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157168#Comment_157168

By the time the suspicious app is run (automatically) your anti virus from your company (I hope your company has one installed on your phone) , it would of detected the signature way before the suspicious is run on your phone (when you run the installed app).

Not sure by what you mean by 3 places. Only 2, 1. to turn the app on when the phone starts (Asus) and 2. the stop the app from sleeping (Android). Takes hardly 10 seconds.

By turning the above on, you will get notifications. I only need notifications for apps that I need like WhatsApp and Outlook as an example. Apps that do not need notifications or run in the background is YouTube and Netflix while your screen is off or your are not watching thus battery saving. You might need them because you watch Netflix. Turning off battery saving mode, well you will use up more battery than those who had it on.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157171#Comment_157171

AOD does waste battery. I only shown you a picture so you see what you can already do. (By the way I have deleted my AOD already as soon as I have posted). How much battery AOD uses depends on what you choose, so thats up to you.

View post
Optiflex.

Auto start, super clean, battery optimization, altering/non altering notifications.

Anti virus, Seriously? Everyone knows antivirus on phones is scam. Android is build in a way that no app can access protected working set of other app. Atleast not if you write app by keeping in mind architecture guidelines.

Also any app can do whatever you have permited it too nothing more. And its not like windows installations where installing an APK will install unknown sneaky services without you knowing.
Basic stuff.

What you are trying so say I guess, those device policy apps,which become device admin and allow your employer to keep separate work profile and virtual partion for accessing organization apps, files and mails.
And that's what I'm complaining about, you have to add those apps in all those places, I mentioned, go make them work seamlessly. Again non of this is would have been mattered that much if asus had already provided enough features/right ones and regular support, in regards to fixes and major updates.

Which all they already do, To Zenfone series, which costs less than Rog.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
ImShrey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/157243#Comment_157243

Optiflex.

Auto start, super clean, battery optimization, altering/non altering notifications.

Anti virus, Seriously? Everyone knows antivirus on phones is scam. Android is build in a way that no app can access protected working set of other app. Atleast not if you write app by keeping in mind architecture guidelines.

Also any app can do whatever you have permited it too nothing more. And its not like windows installations where installing an APK will install unknown sneaky services without you knowing.

Basic stuff.

What you are trying so say I guess, those device policy apps,which become device admin and allow your employer to keep separate work profile and virtual partion for accessing organization apps, files and mails.

And that's what I'm complaining about, you have to add those apps in all those places, I mentioned, go make them work seamlessly. Again non of this is would have been mattered that much if asus had already provided enough features/right ones and regular support, in regards to fixes and major updates.

Which all they already do, To Zenfone series, which costs less than Rog.

View post
I dont think Optiplex stops you from getting notifications. I have always had mine on and I get notifications. So, not sure what is happening there.
The company should invest in proper antivirus solutions. Usually your company will provide you a corporate antivirus. Again, this is going off topic, so be it if you think it is a joke.
The optimization is meant to speed up the phone so you can play games smoothly and the only way to do this by stopping background services from running.
Can't help you with your work related problems if things as simple as AV is a joke as a starter.
Going off road, probably time to close this thread?