This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

update

firasswat82
Rising Star I
Why is this delay in launching Android 11, given that most companies launched this update ???

21 REPLIES 21

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
We're sorry about all the delays. ZF7 A11 was supposed to be released already but if all goes well with the latest A11 beta (released this week), then the official A11 will be coming soon.

ZenNini
Star II
I'm not here to bash the Developers for not working quickly enough. I understand they don't want to release firmware that ist still buggy. The problem is Asus already releasing new generation phones like a new ROG phone or the new ZP8, while their current flagship is still not updated. The development team just seams to be understaffed and not able to cope with the amount of work to update the phones to a new version in time. And if that doesn't change, Asus won't make the jump to a big player, because most of what they seem to be doing is focusing on gaining new buyers instead of at least trying to value their existing customers, that let's be honest just bought the phone because they thought is was nice idea and should be supported, but instead Asus acts so shortsighted. I dislike the comparisons with other companies, but the new established players like oneplus and also the old big players like Samsung, Apple etc. all have one thing in common, proper software support for 3+ generations and an update schedule that doesn't remind you of a startup phone company. Get you shit together Asus and increase your software development team if you don't want to lose your old customers faster than you get new ones.

rs00442
Rising Star I
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156895#Comment_156895

Asus thinks diffrently and only works on most priority and important features tbh. According to ASUS dailer video calling is not that important these days. Also let me tell you adding feature which doesnt work most of the times to gain public attention is not ASUS cup of tea. Let me tell you i have observed xaomi device having that feature enabled which most of the times doesnt work also please keep a note that every other user you make a call should own a device supporting VILTE to it and there are still very less brands having those features enabled and those are seriously half baked. According to ASUS Most of the users prefer direct video calling via third party apps these days also almost every social app has video calling option attached with its messenging sections which are probably more used than a normal calls/VILTE. infact pixel has same behaviour in there dialer they have google duo supported to contact apps but they dont have VILTE ASUS follows same path of pixel devices as you may have observed that ZENUi is getting really very closer to stock like experince with some nice feature set add-on.so let me tell you that ASUS will consider this as priority feature only if Google does it with pixels.

I hope you understand

Thanks!

View post
It's truly meaningless. If u can't provide dont blame others that doesn't work fine. FYI, i have used Samsung, one plus in last few year. ViLTE works fine, smooth.
Only single case cant define, ViLTE don't work fine. Its not public attention, its basic features of calling. Dont say this feature on most of devices half backed. LOL.
Evn Realme, oppo provide this that works flawlessly.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
rs00442

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156893#Comment_156893

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156893#Comment_156893

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156838#Comment_156838

Dear, at least SAMSUNG or OnePlus provide regular monthly update or security patches. What ASUS does...???? Huhhh...??? Tell me. Almost quarterly update, n that's also not evn REGULAR. Jzz top notch feature without update, that make eveyi meaningless.

Asus don't hv right to count flaws of Samsung or OnePlus. They are far far better. Since, Last eight Months ASUS couldn't develop video calling ViLTE feature for ROG3. Forcing customers to use duo or what's up for video calling. This is status of 8 month before ROG3. If 8-9 k INR Samsung or oppo or oneplus or any other small companies can provide video calling feature that ASUS can't. forget about older device. Really, Pathetic situation....!!!!

Guys, please don't buy ASUS or ROG series device. Otherwise u will regreat. Its USER EXPERIENCE.

View post
Better than iPhones the only time they get security updates is when they update the OS so monthly security updates can't be that vital. Also all phone companies will send an OTA update immediately if a security problem is detected

Roystoys
Zen Master III
firasswat82

Why is this delay in launching Android 11, given that most companies launched this update ???

update
ZenNini

I'm not here to bash the Developers for not working quickly enough. I understand they don't want to release firmware that ist still buggy. The problem is Asus already releasing new generation phones like a new ROG phone or the new ZP8, while their current flagship is still not updated. The development team just seams to be understaffed and not able to cope with the amount of work to update the phones to a new version in time. And if that doesn't change, Asus won't make the jump to a big player, because most of what they seem to be doing is focusing on gaining new buyers instead of at least trying to value their existing customers, that let's be honest just bought the phone because they thought is was nice idea and should be supported, but instead Asus acts so shortsighted. I dislike the comparisons with other companies, but the new established players like oneplus and also the old big players like Samsung, Apple etc. all have one thing in common, proper software support for 3+ generations and an update schedule that doesn't remind you of a startup phone company. Get you shit together Asus and increase your software development team if you don't want to lose your old customers faster than you get new ones.

View post
I think you'll find that no companies will increase their teams while the covid19 pandemic is still around. In fact I am sure they are running on a skeleton crew as the rest of the world is .