ASUS Zephyrus G14 Inconsistent Battery Life

System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: Zephyrus G14
Frequency of occurrence: Often
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video: n/a
========================
Detailed description:My 2020 Zephyrus G14 has been having inconsistent battery issues ever since I bought it a few months ago. I'll charge it up to greater than 80 percent, and go off the cord and work on some school work, watch some YouTube videos, etc. At this point, the little estimate of how much battery life I have left is around 6-8 hours, depending on the state of charge. I'll check back an hour or two later, and the charge will suddenly be down to under 50 percent, while the estimate says anywhere from 1 hour to 2 hours. Anybody else having similar issues? I really like most things about this laptop, but I've had some random gremlins that have really gotten on my nerves (this being one of them).
FYI, it was just recently in for service replacing the entire motherboard after I broke the headphone jack, so that shouldn't be a factor. Let's just say the laptop is slippery...
13 REPLIES 13

The Bios Version is from December 30th of 2020, and the ASUS Control Interface V2 is version 2.2.37.0
Hope that helps.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello portlandgeek292,
"Bios Version is from December 30th of 2020" means BIOS219? BIOS211?
Thank you.

After a second look, it says its version GA401IV.219

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello portlandgeek292,
Please unplug all the external device and long press the power button for 40 seconds to reboot the device.
Also, please kindly check when you are not using the laptop, does the laptop goes to sleep mode or hibernation as you set up.
and was there anything running in the background other than you expected?
Please kindly understand that the estimate time of battery usage is just an estimation, based on your previous and current work load or power consumption.
So how about real life battery usage?
Thank you.