cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power-Button not responding

chris_roth_ch
Star I
Hi
I got the ZenFone7 Pro. Sometimes the power-button does not respond and cannot turn off the phone. The button seems to be ok, because the events I applied (double press or longpress) are working.
After a restart I can turn off the phone again. But I found no other way to get the power off working.
The updates are the latest available (29.14.53.23)
3 REPLIES 3

martin_stavinoh
Rising Star II
there is a software power button under the quick settings which you could use as a workaround till it gets solved
I also use on screen shortcuts to turn my screen off (Nova launcher has that possibility for example) to put less stress on HW PWR button

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
chris.roth.ch

Hi

I got the ZenFone7 Pro. Sometimes the power-button does not respond and cannot turn off the phone. The button seems to be ok, because the events I applied (double press or longpress) are working.

After a restart I can turn off the phone again. But I found no other way to get the power off working.

The updates are the latest available (29.14.53.23)

Power-Button not responding
I you have applied any other action than Power off to "Press and hold" then it's not supposed to turn your phone off. This is why we put a power button in the notification panel

Lightning
Star I
Battery is fully charged . ASUS VivoBook will not turn on. Using power cord is only option to use laptop. Ideas?