This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schedule charging

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I don't think the schedule charging option works on my phone. I set it to charge overnight from 9 pm till 9 am at about 8.50 pm plugged it in made sure the toggle was on but it just started charging straight away as normal. Am I missing something
30 REPLIES 30

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Roystoys

Thanks for your response Averan I think I worked it out. I use an app called acubattery and if I check that it does tell me it's charging slower than normal fast changing when I am using slow charging.

The schedule charging I thought should not charge at all until the start time is reached but it doesn't work that way,at least I think it doesn't. I understand what you said and yes I believe that is what is happening. Thanks 👍

View post
No problem 🙂
And yes scheduled charging doesn't kick in till you reach the set start time even if it does it'll continue to charge normally till 80% before stopping either ways
Glad slow charging is working as expected

kadamani_wissam
Star II
Ok this is crazy. I don't know if you guys are facing the same problem but on my ROG Phone 3, the schedule charging thing goes crazy with setting the start and end times, meaning that I choose any 2 start/end times and when I go back to the previous page it shows 2 totally different times. If I open the schedule charging page again, it's also 2 random numbers. The bugs are real on this phone.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
kadamani.wissam

Ok this is crazy. I don't know if you guys are facing the same problem but on my ROG Phone 3, the schedule charging thing goes crazy with setting the start and end times, meaning that I choose any 2 start/end times and when I go back to the previous page it shows 2 totally different times. If I open the schedule charging page again, it's also 2 random numbers. The bugs are real on this phone.

View post
I get the same behaviour but if you pull the drape with the phone connected to the charger and tap on the word setting, not the notification itself but the word setting at the bottom of the notification it will take you to the battery settings schedule and you should see that it is indeed correct.
I don't know why it is the way it is, most probably a bug that hopefully will be fixed in an update maybe.
I have attempted several times to post this on your post under the rog 3 forum but either a moderator keeps taking it down or it just automatically happens . I get a little message at the bottom of my phone say mismatched topic,or something like that

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
kadamani.wissam

View post
Roystoys

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156809#Comment_156809

I get the same behaviour but if you pull the drape with the phone connected to the charger and tap on the word setting, not the notification itself but the word setting at the bottom of the notification it will take you to the battery settings schedule and you should see that it is indeed correct.

I don't know why it is the way it is, most probably a bug that hopefully will be fixed in an update maybe.

I have attempted several times to post this on your post under the rog 3 forum but either a moderator keeps taking it down or it just automatically happens . I get a little message at the bottom of my phone say mismatched topic,or something like that

View post
I know factory reset should not always be modern soltuions where its very hard to backup all data and restore again but from my experience i was facing same problem with my 5z regarding schedule charging for start time & end times inconsistency when new A10 came in & i was so frustrated and later i had no any other option than to see if factory reset helped which was adviced by moderator and yes my problem got fixed after factory data reset so i think you guysz should also try with factory data reset and i think update will not fix this issue but still if you want you can wait until next FOTA.

Roystoys
Zen Master III
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156809#Comment_156809

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156819#Comment_156819

I know factory reset should not always be modern soltuions where its very hard to backup all data and restore again but from my experience i was facing same problem with my 5z regarding schedule charging for start time & end times inconsistency when new A10 came in & i was so frustrated and later i had no any other option than to see if factory reset helped which was adviced by moderator and yes my problem got fixed after factory data reset so i think you guysz should also try with factory data reset and i think update will not fix this issue but still if you want you can wait until next FOTA.

View post
Thanks for the tip , or should I be thanking you for backing up the little voice in the back of all ,/most of our minds. No-one likes doing a hard reset because it's a pain in the UNO and who needs a pain in the UNO But your quite right it works.
I couldn't understand why I was getting such weird behaviour when trying different fixes ,or at least what I thought were fixes until the results just wouldn't tally.in the long term so I bit the damnd bullet and did the dreaded tonight and yes so far so good.
The proof of the pudding is in the tasting,or so they say,so I may post again after a day or threr, but I have been tinkering with the alarm system for a couple of hours now and so far it seems fixed,eg , when you set a schedule and back out or simply close the page and reopen it it stays the same. No more eronious readings.
Some things never change eh I remember when the very first of the Nokia Lumia phones came out ,the go to fix all was a hard reset and all these years later with the latest devices ( notice how we call them devices now and not phones) sometimes it just comes back to the PHONE getting confused and needs to be reborn./reset
Anyway again thanks for your help