This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take Notes Asus

Vamp
Zen Master I
Only a few people who own ROG II use Zentalk like double digit users. And everyone is saying ASUS is a 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 company because of less software support.
Every user is been rooting for better software support. Your updated as slower than anyone else. Even non - existential companies like Essential was better at software support.
It's not even been complete 16 months since ROG 2 released and updates are more than 3 months apart now.
No sign of any major update.
Software errors has been ruled out as hardware errors for random restarts because dev are so lazy to debug the issue and rather change expansive motherboard than minimal expansive coding.
Many more things with lazy software devs and mods motivates themselves by saying, "we are a small company". I mean what the literal 🤬.

If you can't keep up with the software exit the mobile phone market, you already have better reputation as a laptop manufacturer than being smartphone manufacturer. ROG II was a hit until software started getting delayed and crappy. ROG 3 wasn't a hit and neither will be the upcoming ROG if you keep using this little software support strategy. You can still gain some reputation releasing ROG II android 11 beta in next 1-2 month and sales of your next device is gonna depend on to how ROG 2 was supported, because many people have ROG 2 and fraction of people have ROG 3 so everything depends on ROG 2 and your upcoming device.
Promising 2 major update while releasing the newer device isn't gonna impact your sales given your history.

Either change your history or become History choice is yours.
83 REPLIES 83

Vamp
Zen Master I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156514#Comment_156514

"I didn't replaced motherboard on my RoG because it doesn't worth it having in the service center for atleast 10-15 days (and since I'm a college student I don't have luxury to have a secondary device) and eventually having the device die in next 6-8 months."

Well, you can't blame ASUS for that because you didn't want to go to Service Centre because it takes so long in a pandemic. i think you have answered your own post there.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156627#Comment_156627

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156626#Comment_156626

Everyone reporting this issue, more like the same people have too much time on their hands in creating new accounts so it makes the issue more serious. But matter of fact, I won't be surprised some of you have 3 - 5 accounts on Zentalk.

Take a read at the warranty document if you have any other questions:

https://www.asus.com/support/images/upload/file/20191008182638720_E14357.pdf

image.png

View post
Have you read the first half... Dude there is history and people are still having problems after motherboard replacement and I for sure had problems in past so no motherboard replacement.
Second of all why the f do you keep coming back to warranty. I know what's there, as a matter of fact they didn't change there warranty since a while.
I didn't replace motherboard didn't mean it's motherboard problem because I only get restarts while using snapchat and YouTube.
Also I'm definitely sure that motherboard problem won't change my wallpaper, system wide dark mode and boot into safe mode or boot screen saying can't load android system, go into airplane mode and won't scan for network after turning off airplane mode but after a restart it will have network again, all at ones.
I've sent log to the mod but it's really hard to reproduce while logging so log is gonna be useless unless there is a way to find the dump file.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Vamp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156634#Comment_156634

Have you read the first half... Dude there is history and people are still having problems after motherboard replacement and I for sure had problems in past so no motherboard replacement.

Second of all why the f do you keep coming back to warranty. I know what's there, as a matter of fact they didn't change there warranty since a while.

I didn't replace motherboard didn't mean it's motherboard problem because I only get restarts while using snapchat and YouTube.

Also I'm definitely sure that motherboard problem won't change my wallpaper, system wide dark mode and boot into safe mode or boot screen saying can't load android system, go into airplane mode and won't scan for network after turning off airplane mode but after a restart it will have network again, all at ones.

I've sent log to the mod but it's really hard to reproduce while logging so log is gonna be useless unless there is a way to find the dump file.

View post
There are also history of people who had their restart/other problem fixed by going to the service centre. The point I am trying to make is if you do not go to the service centre, you will never get your issue investigated.
I am bringing up warranty, because this is about warranty. Anything to do with hardware repairs is warranty.
By the way, I am picking things that are relevant. In this case, ROG 2. I had my phone for 1 year and 3 months now and havent faced the restart issues people are facing but I will wait for what you say to see if my phone dies. I do try to replicate issues and as example from Scorpion666 (probably someone I know :') in the past discussion) brought up, the Discord issue. But this doesnt happen on mods devices. So you need to understand it is difficult to fix issues if you cannot find the problem first (so you cannot really expect things to be fixed quickly). Like I have said though, phone restart is a sympton of another issue and your phone saying cannot load Android system (corrupt) is a sympton from restarts of the phone.

ccode8806
Star III
I want the phone to work as a phone. Had 1st one & now the 2nd one. Neither getting regular updates, it is a $1000 phone, I'd expect support for 3-5 years given its brand & reputation. Also would expect Volte & vowifi in the U.S. for at&t. While t-mobile has gained partial support. The phone really doesn't support many operating bands. They might as well stop marketing everywhere if they're going to jump ship on support when they release a new one. Not buying a phone that isn't adequately supported for the price. Other brands selling at lower prices with much longer support.

Vamp
Zen Master I
ccode8806

I want the phone to work as a phone. Had 1st one & now the 2nd one. Neither getting regular updates, it is a $1000 phone, I'd expect support for 3-5 years given its brand & reputation. Also would expect Volte & vowifi in the U.S. for at&t. While t-mobile has gained partial support. The phone really doesn't support many operating bands. They might as well stop marketing everywhere if they're going to jump ship on support when they release a new one. Not buying a phone that isn't adequately supported for the price. Other brands selling at lower prices with much longer support.

View post
3-5 year is a long shot for any smartphone manufacturer except Apple, manufacturer like Google, OnePlus and Samsung provide 3, 3 and 4 years of support respectively. In case of samsung after 2 or 3 years updates become 2 per year.
Asus can't handle adequate 2 years support and as per mods responses these days, any Asus device will get update whenever they feel like updating.
I totally agree with 0 rating for RoG II when it comes for updates by android police unluckily they released it after I brought my device.

ImShrey
Rising Star II

ronald1985

Here is a couple more questions answered for your pleasure:

Features in CN and not in WW - such as fingerprint animation

When you unlock a phone, why do you want such animations. Surely you would want to use your phone straight away. Or do you wish to see something for 5 seconds (like a flower growing) and then people complain it about being slow.

AOD - in my mind, it's a waste of battery. Something that many people have complained and they are wondering why they are running out of battery quickly.

Features in ROG that's not in other devices

Configuration of your performance in Armoury Crate? Aura Lighting? Game Genie? The ability to stop apps from running in the background which is not the same as sleeping like you have in Samsung.

View post
Really? @ronald1985
Nobody cares what you like or not, everybody has their opinion and choices.
And that's it, give us a option and those who don't care won't touch it and those who do will use it. That's the very definition of customisation.

Someone defending brand for not having well thought-out features and half baked implementation, by criticizing the features itself is proof how you are ignoring the fact and blaming people who are asking "at least make existing stuff worth the use" !

Literally every brand does AoD, and by asus's and your logic, a small phoey brand, thinks It's not worth it because takes out battery?🙏
Then don't even use notification led, Aura led, and triggers they suck battery too. Turn off all the haptics, it is also a waste. RiP logic!🙏

"Why do you want to see fingerprint animation"?
Because its my phone, I paid some hefty money and I expect asus to implement this small feature, that any 3rd grade manufacturer does.
Whats wrong with stock animation? Man its not even original asus's. Its just OEM Qualcomm's factory animation, was released for demo in gen 1 fingerprint sensors. And you tell me does this look good on so called best gaming phone?
Don't give us customisations, but atleast throw in a original / stock Rog based animation itself?

Also non of what you said explains why those all features are available in CN rom of the same phone and not Ww. How hard it is? Just a branch merge and little bit conflict resolution (if any) in source.
"The ability to stop apps from running in the background": literally? This is unique to rog?
Miui does this since ages, so does color os, and samsung has option to completely kill app automatically.
And sleeping apps is way better for some types of apps, that depend on GCM service. Ever heard of doze, greenify, naptime?

Btw asus's background management sucks, try installing skype and outlook you won't get push notifications of new mails and message or calls 3/10 times.

You have to manually change auto start, battery optimization, optiflex etc for them work properly.