ASUS Zephyrus G14 Inconsistent Battery Life

System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Battery
Model: Zephyrus G14
Frequency of occurrence: Often
Reset OS: No
Screenshot or video: n/a
========================
Detailed description:My 2020 Zephyrus G14 has been having inconsistent battery issues ever since I bought it a few months ago. I'll charge it up to greater than 80 percent, and go off the cord and work on some school work, watch some YouTube videos, etc. At this point, the little estimate of how much battery life I have left is around 6-8 hours, depending on the state of charge. I'll check back an hour or two later, and the charge will suddenly be down to under 50 percent, while the estimate says anywhere from 1 hour to 2 hours. Anybody else having similar issues? I really like most things about this laptop, but I've had some random gremlins that have really gotten on my nerves (this being one of them).
FYI, it was just recently in for service replacing the entire motherboard after I broke the headphone jack, so that shouldn't be a factor. Let's just say the laptop is slippery...
13 REPLIES 13

Update: I may have found my culprit. I turned on the Nvidia icon that notifies me if a device is using the GPU, and along comes this "Your Phone" app that decides it can eat up my battery life. It lost its background app privileges.
Results TBD.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
portlandgeek292

Update: I may have found my culprit. I turned on the Nvidia icon that notifies me if a device is using the GPU, and along comes this "Your Phone" app that decides it can eat up my battery life. It lost its background app privileges.

Results TBD.

View post
not only that application.
check all running background applications which are registered under battery options.
moreover delete or disable tasks under tasks scheduler.
disable all startup items or objects.
set unwanted services startup type to manual.
if possible use windows built-in power troubleshooter.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello portlandgeek292,
May I know the version of your BIOS and ASUS System control Interface V2 driver?
Please double check if both of them are up to date as well.
Thank you.

How would I check those?
Also, the issue seems unrelated to the GPU being on or not being on, as it just did it to me recently. 47% got me an hour of browsing the web. Wow. Also seems that restarting doesn't fix the issue.