This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG 3 fingerprint sensor is worthless

markovo
Rising Star I

We all know under display fingerprint sensors are not great, but ROG 3s is exceptionally bad. I mean it doesn't even work 90% of the time. For the other 10% it takes ages to unlock. I have tried all my fingers and positions. It works only if you place the finger on the exactly same position you set it in the first place and even then it takes 1-2 seconds to unlock. Thank god there is face unlock that works.
11 REPLIES 11

botboy444
Zen Master I
markovo

We all know under display fingerprint sensors are not great, but ROG 3s is exceptionally bad. I mean it doesn't even work 90% of the time. For the other 10% it takes ages to unlock. I have tried all my fingers and positions. It works only if you place the finger on the exactly same position you set it in the first place and even then it takes 1-2 seconds to unlock. Thank god there is face unlock that works.

mine works 99/100 times instantly, it just sounds like your phone has an issue

ronald1985
Community Legend I
markovo

I don't know about ROG 3, but in ROG 2 I can set 5 fingerprints. I set them all the same so it recognizes quicker. Hopefully, that makes sense.

markovo
Rising Star I
The fingerprint just does not work, so i use the face unlock. The face unlock does the job, but needs some time to get use to it.

Scorpion
Rising Star I
markovo

I'll give you an advice, register your finger 2 times and it should work perfectly