Phone shuts off while charging at night

heynial
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 2
Firmware Version: 17.0240.2012.65
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: every night
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): none, just nightly charging
For the past few nights, when I charge the phone at night, I wake up to the phone completely shut down. This is a huge issue since I use the phone as an alarm clock. I was very nearly late to work because of this. I wasn't playing games or anything system intensive. This is supposedly the beefiest Rog phone 2 there is (12 GB RAM and 1 TB HDD). The phone is completely up to date via over the air updates.
Side note: I live in Taiwan if you need to see the phone in person
1 REPLY 1

ronald1985
Community Legend I
heynial

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ROG Phone 2
  2. Firmware Version: 17.0240.2012.65
  3. Rooted or not: no
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: every night
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): none, just nightly charging

For the past few nights, when I charge the phone at night, I wake up to the phone completely shut down. This is a huge issue since I use the phone as an alarm clock. I was very nearly late to work because of this. I wasn't playing games or anything system intensive. This is supposedly the beefiest Rog phone 2 there is (12 GB RAM and 1 TB HDD). The phone is completely up to date via over the air updates.

Side note: I live in Taiwan if you need to see the phone in person

Phone shuts off while charging at night
For restart issue, head to the service centre is your best bet.
You can try see if the problem occurs while in safe mode or/and try factory reset to see if the problem presist before going to the service centre.