This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling/hiding Gesture Navigation Bar Pill

boblick
Star I
Is there any way of getting rid of the white "pill bar" that appears on the bottom of the screen when you enable gesture navigation? It serves no purpose, and just sits there on top of ALL apps that are not in fullscreen, which is pretty much anything other than a video playback. Software is as up to date as possible.
screenshot-20210312-133611581.jpg

6 REPLIES 6

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
boblick

Is there any way of getting rid of the white "pill bar" that appears on the bottom of the screen when you enable gesture navigation? It serves no purpose, and just sits there on top of ALL apps that are not in fullscreen, which is pretty much anything other than a video playback. Software is as up to date as possible.

screenshot-20210312-133611581.jpg

Disabling/hiding Gesture Navigation Bar Pill
As Zenui 7 is near to stock like experience if follows googles path. please note that This is default A10 behaviour even on pixel devices so there is no way to hide it until & unless Google does it.
Thanks!

rimsv77
Rising Star II
I'd like to remove that, too. It burns the eyes unnecessarily...:-)

boblick
Star I
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/45664/disabling-hiding-gesture-navigation-bar-pill

As Zenui 7 is near to stock like experience if follows googles path. please note that This is default A10 behaviour even on pixel devices so there is no way to hide it until & unless Google does it.

Thanks!

View post
Ok, thanks for the reply. I guess that's it then, nothing we can do about it without rooting the phone. I have "The Pixel Experience" custom rom on my secondary phone, and the "hide pill bar" option is there, but I guess it's an addition to the custom rom what the stock Pixel android doesn't have. Shame, because it's a completely useless bar that reserves screen estate to something that has no purpose.
pillbar.jpg

CVonC
Rising Star II
Totally agree, completely useless bar.