Star I
System: Asus Zenbook
Battery or AC: both
Model: UX360CA
Frequency of occurrence: intermittent but several times a day
Reset OS: no
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:my zenbook ux360ca touchpad will jump around and usually lands on the lower left corner of the screen. Even when not typing or using the touchpad - it happened yesterday during a video call when my hands were no where near the touchpad - and the search window came up on its own.
Thoughts on how to fix?
Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Mark,
The issue happened out of a sudden? was there any modification or update before the issue occurred?
Please kindly check if your BIOS is updated,
and reinstall touchpad driver.
UX360CA - SupportLet me know if it gets better.
Thank you.

mark_amszej
Star I
Thanks Blake. No this has been a persistent issue and pretty maddening. All of a sudden the pointer jumps for no reason and the search box jumps up. My bios is at 303 and I installed smart gesture again yesterday.
Will try to reinstall the touchpad driver again today and see if that helps.
Mark

mark_amszej
Star I
Quick update to all you folks.
I have tried pretty much everything - drivers, Windows 10 reset, hiding the cursor when typing - you name it.
The only thing that seems to be working is actually disabling the touchscreen. I tried to recalibrate the touchscreen but that did not resolve the cursor jumping around issue either.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Mark,
In this case, please kindly send the device to service center to check the layer below the touchpad.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you.