VoWiFi issue on zenfone 5z

dcpande04
Star II
Settings on my phone
VoLTE : ON
Wi-Fi Calling: ON
Calling Preference: Call Over WiFi
Roaming Preference: Wi-Fi

Issue: When wifi on the phone is off the phone correctly shifts my calls to VoLTE. But many times when I connect back to WiFi it does not automatically shift back to VoWiFi. Even if I try to manually toggle the WiFi calling off and on again, it still remains on VoLTE. I have to turn off VoLTE in settings and turn on VoWiFi for VoWiFi to get working.
Once I get it working, I can turn VoLTE on and it works as intended (Remains on VoWiFi when connected to WiFi and shifts back to VoLTE when I disconnect from WiFi) The issue seems to occur randomly.

I am currently running WW_100.10.107.110_20201118

4 REPLIES 4

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
Have a look at this thread you will get your answer 👇
ayushagrwal

My zenfone 5z has the latest software update pushed recently which brought vowifi support for jio in india. I have a jio sim which supports vowifi on my other phone. But it just doesn't work on the 5z even when I've turned wifi calling on from the menu. The phone just doesn't switch to vowifi protocol and the call is routed through volte despite configuring the wifi calling settings correctly. Help!

Vowifi on jio not working on 5Z after latest update
Thanks!

dcpande04
Star II
Hey Debashish, Thank you for your response. I went through the thread, and basically restarting the phone is the only solution that we have about the issue right?

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
dcpande04

Hey Debashish, Thank you for your response. I went through the thread, and basically restarting the phone is the only solution that we have about the issue right?

View post
No, You can simply toggle Airplane mode 🙂

dcpande04
Star II
Debasish Sahoo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156592#Comment_156592

No, You can simply toggle Airplane mode 🙂

View post
Oh I thought that's for when VoLTE not working.