cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 5 using samsung display?

KungYii1994
Star II
screenshot-20210310-225911405.png
I found out rog 5 is using samsung display this time right? Is it same with rog 3? I currently use rog 3 and unhappy with this black crush problem want to upgrade.
9 REPLIES 9

Aryan202
Community Legend I
KungYii1994

I found out rog 5 is using samsung display this time right? Is it same with rog 3? I currently use rog 3 and unhappy with this black crush problem want to upgrade.

Yes it has an samsung panel with specific calibration for display by samsung and pixel works for black crash and all

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
Yes it is a samsung HDR10+ display with true blacks
Everything is HDR10+ on that phone

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
KungYii1994

Rog3 also used a samsung display, saw 2 screenshots from the Rog5 which looked like black crush ._.
I would strongly recommend waiting, as with the Rog3 black crush was first reported after some people had it, right now the device has been freshly released, however those 2 screenshots I saw actually piss me slightly off, not gonna lie.

hank_email_is
Rising Star II
Please do not spread wrong info, rog 3 is using display from Chinese vendor called tianma, not samsung. The rog 5 display is much brighter and the hdr will pop compare to rog 3 dull screen.
I will check the rog 5 in store this weekend against my rog 3 to confirm this