This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take Notes Asus

Vamp
Zen Master I
Only a few people who own ROG II use Zentalk like double digit users. And everyone is saying ASUS is a 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 company because of less software support.
Every user is been rooting for better software support. Your updated as slower than anyone else. Even non - existential companies like Essential was better at software support.
It's not even been complete 16 months since ROG 2 released and updates are more than 3 months apart now.
No sign of any major update.
Software errors has been ruled out as hardware errors for random restarts because dev are so lazy to debug the issue and rather change expansive motherboard than minimal expansive coding.
Many more things with lazy software devs and mods motivates themselves by saying, "we are a small company". I mean what the literal 🤬.

If you can't keep up with the software exit the mobile phone market, you already have better reputation as a laptop manufacturer than being smartphone manufacturer. ROG II was a hit until software started getting delayed and crappy. ROG 3 wasn't a hit and neither will be the upcoming ROG if you keep using this little software support strategy. You can still gain some reputation releasing ROG II android 11 beta in next 1-2 month and sales of your next device is gonna depend on to how ROG 2 was supported, because many people have ROG 2 and fraction of people have ROG 3 so everything depends on ROG 2 and your upcoming device.
Promising 2 major update while releasing the newer device isn't gonna impact your sales given your history.

Either change your history or become History choice is yours.
83 REPLIES 83

ronald1985
Community Legend I
ronakvimalraj

If a phone that is one and a half year old gets hardware issues.. Isn't that asus's fault for using substandard materials to make the phone?

Considering there are alot of people facing this issue

View post
Not neccessarily. Depends on how that damage was done in the first place. Despite consumers claiming was not damaged intentionally, it can also be done accidently. That is why I said you can be clever and ask questions to the service centre and see how they arrive to that conclusion that you need to be charged within warranty. Outside warranty? That's at discretion of service centre then.
As per ASUS's warranty policy, it states the following:
image.png

ronald1985
Community Legend I
// Can be deleted.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Vamp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156419#Comment_156419

"Flaws" incorporate everything from squishy buttons, some faulty batteries, some faulty motherboards to some faulty displays.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156422#Comment_156422

A million... It's Asus we are talking... You really believe that.

And you are not talking for anybody instead for yourself. People who are not on Zentalk and still having problems majorly contact the service center and trusted source like reddit or XDA forums not scroll threads on Zentalk.

View post
// Sorry my other post didn't make sense so I decided to start again.
So my question to you @Vamp , did your phone work when you first switched the phone on to the day when your warranty ran out? If yes and you face the issues now, you should go to the service centre and let them know and work something out amongst yourself. Legally, the company is no longer liable and therefore it's out of warranty. Any form of engineering has a limit on warranties - you see that everywhere, not just ASUS. If any issues would of appeared, it would of appeared on the first few days, not a few months.
If the phone wasn't working within the year the phone was in warranty, then you should of took it to a service centre while in warranty. Who's fault is that though
Those people who are going to service centres to get hardware related repairs are the ones who are smart enough to do that in the first place.

Vamp
Zen Master I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156436#Comment_156436

// Sorry my other post didn't make sense so I decided to start again.

So my question to you @Vamp , did your phone work when you first switched the phone on to the day when your warranty ran out? If yes and you face the issues now, you should go to the service centre and let them know and work something out amongst yourself. Legally, the company is no longer liable and therefore it's out of warranty. Any form of engineering has a limit on warranties - you see that everywhere, not just ASUS. If any issues would of appeared, it would of appeared on the first few days, not a few months.

If the phone wasn't working within the year the phone was in warranty, then you should of took it to a service centre while in warranty. Who's fault is that though

Those people who are going to service centres to get hardware related repairs are the ones who are smart enough to do that in the first place.

View post
I got my first RoG and it didn't turned on matter what. I didn't complain because I can get replacement easily at that time.
When I got squishy buttons I claimed it under warranty. What's I got back after 12 days is my device with 7 remarkably huge scratches on the back, 1 visible scratch on the display and busted copper grill on the back but it was my fault that due to limited functioning of the Asus service center I didn't checked for any of that, I didn't complain.
I've used Zenfone 2, it died of random restarts and it had already 2 motherboard replaced, my zenfone 3 die due to random restarts and already had a motherboard replaced, Same thing is going on with the RoG. So it's a thing that is inherent in the Asus itself that there device dies of motherboard/software combination.
I didn't replaced motherboard on my RoG because it doesn't worth it having in the service center for atleast 10-15 days (and since I'm a college student I don't have luxury to have a secondary device) and eventually having the device die in next 6-8 months.
I don't know for how long you have been a Asus user but I am a Asus user since 2015 and at that time I was also a Zentalk user. I mean I used to collect points for first log in at Taiwan midnight time on the older Zentalk.
And still at that time users have these problems. This ain't new to Asus.
It's not my fault that all of my device died of random restarts but it's my fault to buy a device again from Asus knowing they have poor software support and flawed hardware thinking this time it was gonna be different.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Vamp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156445#Comment_156445

I got my first RoG and it didn't turned on matter what. I didn't complain because I can get replacement easily at that time.

When I got squishy buttons I claimed it under warranty. What's I got back after 12 days is my device with 7 remarkably huge scratches on the back, 1 visible scratch on the display and busted copper grill on the back but it was my fault that due to limited functioning of the Asus service center I didn't checked for any of that, I didn't complain.

I've used Zenfone 2, it died of random restarts and it had already 2 motherboard replaced, my zenfone 3 die due to random restarts and already had a motherboard replaced, Same thing is going on with the RoG. So it's a thing that is inherent in the Asus itself that there device dies of motherboard/software combination.

I didn't replaced motherboard on my RoG because it doesn't worth it having in the service center for atleast 10-15 days (and since I'm a college student I don't have luxury to have a secondary device) and eventually having the device die in next 6-8 months.

I don't know for how long you have been a Asus user but I am a Asus user since 2015 and at that time I was also a Zentalk user. I mean I used to collect points for first log in at Taiwan midnight time on the older Zentalk.

And still at that time users have these problems. This ain't new to Asus.

It's not my fault that all of my device died of random restarts but it's my fault to buy a device again from Asus knowing they have poor software support and flawed hardware thinking this time it was gonna be different.

View post
"I didn't replaced motherboard on my RoG because it doesn't worth it having in the service center for atleast 10-15 days (and since I'm a college student I don't have luxury to have a secondary device) and eventually having the device die in next 6-8 months."
Well, you can't blame ASUS for that because you didn't want to go to Service Centre because it takes so long in a pandemic. i think you have answered your own post there.
Scorpion666

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155990#Comment_155990

Okay? What about google assistant and maps. Please tell me it's getting fixed in next update, if not then just close this forum because i am super annoyed. At least fix google related issues and discord restart issue?

View post
Scorpion666

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155937#Comment_155937

Still fanboying asus? I am impressed.

View post
Everyone reporting this issue, more like the same people have too much time on their hands in creating new accounts so it makes the issue more serious. But matter of fact, I won't be surprised some of you have 3 - 5 accounts on Zentalk.
Take a read at the warranty document if you have any other questions:
image.png