This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ViLTE or Native Video Calling

anshu_reader
Star II
When ViLTE or Native Video Calling will be available for JIO 4G in India?
43 REPLIES 43

kinguntas23
Rising Star II
At the moment, having the same ROM for India, EU, Japan and Russia is the best choice for faster updates. 
Hi Anders,
I thought that since the ROMs are the same for India, EU, Japan and Russia, the updates would be released simultaneously. Looks like that is not the case with the recent update 1908.189. I could see that it has been released only for WW, EU and JP and not for IN and RU. I have a 6Z in India and haven't got the update yet. Could you please clarify as to why there is a delay for Indian variants?
P.S. Please excuse for cross-posting on a different thread for a different question. I just wanted to quote the previous comment.
It's not necessary that if you bought the phone in India, it would have the IN SKU. Most phones have WW SKU (Worldwide).
To check SKU, go to Settings > System > About Phone > Build Number
You will find your SKU there. If it's WW, then just manually flash the new FOTA.
If it's IN, it should take a couple of days, maybe a week, based on previous trends.
manually updating full rom will wipe all the data from the phone
No man, it won't. I updated to 156 manually so telling from experience, nothing of this sort will happen ?

Kyle7
Star II
what do you mean by native video calling? You want a video feature like face-time built in into ZenUI? We're running close to stock android and android doesn't have this. You're supposed to use your favorite IM app
Hey Anders_Asus
If you want I could provide you with screenshots from Xiaomi, Samsung, Oppo, Realme or OnePlus devices detailing what that means..
Why we really need it is cause it allows users to make video calls to other devices whose carrier supports VoLte without the need of an active internet connection..
Did you hear that? you could make a video call without an active internet connection. Which means you could turn off your mobile data or Wi-Fi and still be able to make a Video call and it is not a gimmick like .....?
It could be extremely helpful during a lot of situations in India cause the connection isn't good enough at times.
And about the same ROM for RU, EU, JP and IN excuse you were making, adding this feature as an option will not turn the device into a Nuclear bomb and destroy Earth. So, please stop giving excuses we are totally tired and frustrated seeing how things are being handled.
With the new Zentalk we have now started to at least get proper response from people who are now able to understand us a lot better, but that doesn't mean you'll only keep replying without fixing our problems.

Kyle7
Star II
Also I think you new Zentalk has an issue while editing post. Similar to what happens when you press the insert button while editing a code in turboC or Sublime text, but worse.

Raman_Rajput
Star III
what do you mean by native video calling? You want a video feature like face-time built in into ZenUI? We're running close to stock android and android doesn't have this. You're supposed to use your favorite IM app
Sorry But MI A1 is having this Feature which is also on Android Stock only.

Kyle7
Star II
Don't bother requesting anything here my friend.
Nothing's gonna change..
Just exchange your phone on Flipkart with Redmi's new flagship or when Realme's flagship gets released.
Their OS skin is far superior and provides all the features we ever needed.
No need to come begging on Zentalk anymore.

Problem solved

Thank me later.