This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it still worth it to purchase a Rog phone 3?

Azuma
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Basically title. Is it still worth it to purchase one if I can get it at a reasonable price? Or should I just wait for the 5? I'm worried they might stop supporting the 3 soon after the 5 drops. Any opinions would be appreciated, would like some advice before dropping $1k on a phone
18 REPLIES 18

BPM
Rising Star II
I'm still pretty happy with my ROG Phone 3 (minus issues with Asus's support...). If you can find a good deal for it, I'd say go for it (I'm seeing it STILL go for almost $1,000 on Amazon, yeesh). Otherwise, it may be better to wait for the ROG Phone 5.

Azuma
Star II
BPM

I'm still pretty happy with my ROG Phone 3 (minus issues with Asus's support...). If you can find a good deal for it, I'd say go for it (I'm seeing it STILL go for almost $1,000 on Amazon, yeesh). Otherwise, it may be better to wait for the ROG Phone 5.

View post
I ended up getting a 512gb/12gb ram one for almost $900. It's arriving today by the end of the day. I'm excited! One feature that I hope they add to the Rog 3 (that I saw for the 5) is the animated lock screens themed after certain games.

akkashsaini
Rising Star I
Azuma

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155722#Comment_155722

Yeah that's what has me worried about purchasing the 3, exactly what happened to the 2.

View post
No updates even in top list Rog 2 missing and I purchased it last year

akkashsaini
Rising Star I
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155720#Comment_155720

Yes sure, and i personally feel ROG 5 will be a big improvement over 3 after reading some rumours & i am guessing, but we will see on 10th and than you are free to make your perfect match.

Happy Gaming!

View post
It's 12 March now