Did you mean: 

Strange behaviour on Random restart

Vamp
Zen Master I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG II
Firmware Version: .65
Rooted or not: not
Phone randomly restarted (well not basically) it keep on looping on the logo and it's 4th time happening to me now.
Last time the loading bar kept hanging so whenever I touch the screen it just starts sliding.
This time I start tapping the screen continuously from the moment it got on the boot up screen.
Then instead of giving "can't load android system" warning, it booted into the safe mode and like always switches back light theme and changes wallpaper back to the classic theme wallpaper.
So basically it's not the hardware it's the OS problem.
Mods please look into it.

5 REPLIES 5

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@Vamp Have you installed any APK's from other sources than Google Play recently, or installed any third-party apps that might be running haywire in the background? If everything works fine when booting in safe mode, chances are the culprit can be found in your app drawer.
If not, I'd like to get a device log from you so that we can take a closer look at what's happening.

Vamp
Zen Master I
Gustav_ASUS

@Vamp Have you installed any APK's from other sources than Google Play recently, or installed any third-party apps that might be running haywire in the background? If everything works fine when booting in safe mode, chances are the culprit can be found in your app drawer.

If not, I'd like to get a device log from you so that we can take a closer look at what's happening.

View post
I don't have any third party app. At the time of crash I was multitasking between chrome, YouTube, Instagram and WhatsApp.
I'll DM you my logs.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Vamp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155989#Comment_155989

I don't have any third party app. At the time of crash I was multitasking between chrome, YouTube, Instagram and WhatsApp.

I'll DM you my logs.

View post
Do you use headphone jack by any chance? I am just wondering if it is the same issue as the Discord issue crashing the phone.

Vamp
Zen Master I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156044#Comment_156044

Do you use headphone jack by any chance? I am just wondering if it is the same issue as the Discord issue crashing the phone.

View post
I can't properly recall but I guess I was using headphones at that time.