This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take Notes Asus

Vamp
Zen Master I
Only a few people who own ROG II use Zentalk like double digit users. And everyone is saying ASUS is a 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 company because of less software support.
Every user is been rooting for better software support. Your updated as slower than anyone else. Even non - existential companies like Essential was better at software support.
It's not even been complete 16 months since ROG 2 released and updates are more than 3 months apart now.
No sign of any major update.
Software errors has been ruled out as hardware errors for random restarts because dev are so lazy to debug the issue and rather change expansive motherboard than minimal expansive coding.
Many more things with lazy software devs and mods motivates themselves by saying, "we are a small company". I mean what the literal 🤬.

If you can't keep up with the software exit the mobile phone market, you already have better reputation as a laptop manufacturer than being smartphone manufacturer. ROG II was a hit until software started getting delayed and crappy. ROG 3 wasn't a hit and neither will be the upcoming ROG if you keep using this little software support strategy. You can still gain some reputation releasing ROG II android 11 beta in next 1-2 month and sales of your next device is gonna depend on to how ROG 2 was supported, because many people have ROG 2 and fraction of people have ROG 3 so everything depends on ROG 2 and your upcoming device.
Promising 2 major update while releasing the newer device isn't gonna impact your sales given your history.

Either change your history or become History choice is yours.
83 REPLIES 83

ronald1985
Community Legend I
ImShrey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156055#Comment_156055

20-30 people of total active Zentalk rog 2 users. Get your assumptions right. Not everyone is on Zentalk, not everyone knows zentalk exists.

Also you didn't read, people saying they are being charged for this issue? If its h/w design flaw it should be free without considering warranty status. That's why apple replaces keyboards and Batteries of some of their products, industry standard.

Security updates: So like yeah phone is not kept secured by manufacturer better stop doing work on phone?🤦‍♂️ Everyone makes online transactions, share trading, access confidential work mails and documents in their phones.

Have you forgot the exploit where anyone can get near 777(su) level access to your device without unlocking bootloader? Check news articles from last 3 months.

I never said anything about drivers and asus's secret curry.

And you conveniencely ignored many of my valid questions there mate.

Also justify missing fundamentals: voWiFi/volte on major carriers, airtel voWiFi in perticular?

Also why can't asus just put official statement whether A11 is coming to R2? Why silence?

Why rog 1 is stuck on A9?

$1000 and you can't get 2 android updates? Why are we debating this?

View post
Sorry if you didn't get the response you wanted. I think you killed off the debate by saying "You are sounding like Asus Shill at this point now.".
Shutdown Issue
I personally don't have any issues with shutdown issues. Shut down issues can be caused by many factors and as Gustav has pointed out, it is mostly pointing to hardware problems. As majority of the shutdown issue is happening in India, Flipkart or wherver phones are brought nowadays over there needs to investigate how these phones are sold. The first place where Tencent devices are sold with WW firmware - this phone combination are not even sold as a product. I too have been thinking why this happens on many phones and it points to users (probably not something you want to hear). Shutdown issue is a sympton and not the actual issue here. It is what is the root cause of the issue as pointed out earlier - a rogue program installed? You might say all your apps are legit. If so, this is why you have been asked to visit service centre. We as a customer can be clever and ask for the reason why you're getting charged and what is the issue before paying? Or do customers actually pay without thinking about the situation? We can move on from here - you can ask the Service Centre and get them to explain the issue to you, because it has been known to fixed the issue. So personally, I think this is a reseller issue where original state of the phone is modified to fit for certain market. ASUS cannot stop people from modifying the phones, hence you see the disclaimers. At the end, you guys are filing a case, let's see how it goes, if it goes.
Security Updates
No-one said about stopping updates. ASUS hasn't confirmed they have stopped working on ROG 2. You still get moderators answering and asking questions about issues where half of the time, moderators don't get the responses. Regards to exploits, I use some common sense. Everyday there is always exploits to things. Everyday, there is a threat - a threat can be simply as crossing the road. Use common sense and beaware of what you download/visit. Surely, you would know that from work right?
VOLTE/VOWIFI
Same for both of us not reading then. In my previous post, I said I agreed VOLTE/VOWIFI should be available for major carriers around the globe. Nothing else to talk about here.
Android 11
If you don't understand the complication in getting these upgrades done and don't know the difference between the ROG phones against other generic phones, it's hard to explain. But that's not what you want, you just want Android 11. Wasn't it you who mentioned we wasn't getting Android 11 before ASUS announced? But anyhow, let's wait. There's nothing contractual between us and ASUS getting 2 updates or more, so let's hope they let us know then 🙂 Either way, it doesn't spoil my gaming experience. Customizations don't make me a better player.
I'm sure ASUS will get better at what they currently do. There's always improvement.
ROG 1
As answered in Android 11 section.
$1000 and you can't get 2 android updates? Why are we debating this?
You're making it sound like it's contractual to get 2 updates. Is it contractual? ASUS doesn't need to follow their competitors. I think as soon as other manufacturers gets into gaming segment on mobile phones, then maybe ASUS would consider doing 2 updates.
I brought this device for the unique gaming that generic phones do not have. I would also consider other gaming phones too to see what they are like. Generic phone users won't see anything different. An analogy of this is art. People like me will just think it's a mess but to some, they see lots of things.
I am always up for debate - feel free to ask more.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Here is a couple more questions answered for your pleasure:
Features in CN and not in WW - such as fingerprint animation
When you unlock a phone, why do you want such animations. Surely you would want to use your phone straight away. Or do you wish to see something for 5 seconds (like a flower growing) and then people complain it about being slow.
AOD - in my mind, it's a waste of battery. Something that many people have complained and they are wondering why they are running out of battery quickly.
Features in ROG that's not in other devices
Configuration of your performance in Armoury Crate? Aura Lighting? Game Genie? The ability to stop apps from running in the background which is not the same as sleeping like you have in Samsung.

Abi1797
Star III
ronald1985

Here is a couple more questions answered for your pleasure:

Features in CN and not in WW - such as fingerprint animation

When you unlock a phone, why do you want such animations. Surely you would want to use your phone straight away. Or do you wish to see something for 5 seconds (like a flower growing) and then people complain it about being slow.

AOD - in my mind, it's a waste of battery. Something that many people have complained and they are wondering why they are running out of battery quickly.

Features in ROG that's not in other devices

Configuration of your performance in Armoury Crate? Aura Lighting? Game Genie? The ability to stop apps from running in the background which is not the same as sleeping like you have in Samsung.

View post
You are missing the point here if cn has why not WW version? How fingerprint animation related to slowing down if it takes same time as current animation .
AOD - As a OEM they have to provide and its users opinion whether to use or not .
People who bought rog are not only gamers ,they also liked other aspects of the phone. Atlast everything comes under customer satisfaction ,as a OEM if you are pricing at premium range you should cover that ground .

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Abi1797

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156073#Comment_156073

You are missing the point here if cn has why not WW version? How fingerprint animation related to slowing down if it takes same time as current animation .

AOD - As a OEM they have to provide and its users opinion whether to use or not .

People who bought rog are not only gamers ,they also liked other aspects of the phone. Atlast everything comes under customer satisfaction ,as a OEM if you are pricing at premium range you should cover that ground .

View post
What is wrong with the current animation of the fingerprint reader then?
When you said OEM have to provide AOD? It is a required feature on all phones right? My point in my previous post still stands though, waste of battery, serves no purpose whatsoever, but that is me.
Do not get me wrong, I understand the need of customizations, but the bit on premium phones I kind of disagree with what you are saying that OEM has to cover that ground. I think here there is a cultural misunderstanding. Top notch spec and decent software. Some of you may disagree on the latter, but that comes down to preference at the end of day. The performance seems to be fine for majority of ROG users (including everyone outside of Zentalk)
Customizations you still have the ROG live wallpaper, Aura Lighting. There will be never too much to put on the phone, but it does affect your battery and performance one way or another.

Vamp
Zen Master I
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156125#Comment_156125

What is wrong with the current animation of the fingerprint reader then?

When you said OEM have to provide AOD? It is a required feature on all phones right? My point in my previous post still stands though, waste of battery, serves no purpose whatsoever, but that is me.

Do not get me wrong, I understand the need of customizations, but the bit on premium phones I kind of disagree with what you are saying that OEM has to cover that ground. I think here there is a cultural misunderstanding. Top notch spec and decent software. Some of you may disagree on the latter, but that comes down to preference at the end of day. The performance seems to be fine for majority of ROG users (including everyone outside of Zentalk)

Customizations you still have the ROG live wallpaper, Aura Lighting. There will be never too much to put on the phone, but it does affect your battery and performance one way or another.

View post
Let me correct you Top notch hardware "but with flaws" (just because you got a nice handset doesn't mean we are lying about hardware problems) and descent "poorly supported" software.
I don't know if you are living in 2000's but the need of better software support makes a company grow. Take Samsung and OnePlus for example. They have substantial better growth not due to hardware but also due to consistentancy of software updates.
Please don't reply or create a debate further regarding this. I mean there was a time where mobile developers used to never update there Android OS and I'm definitely sure you must adore that time.
I'm a general consumer who will never root phone because I don't want any complexities using the device and not the geeky one like you. But still need the latest software atleast for 2 years and present devices like Rog 5 for atleast 3 years.
I was a Asus user since zenfone 2 followed by zenfone 3 and then RoG 2. I brought zenfone 3 just because of clutter free experience of ZenUI 3 of zenfone 3.
For me I'm so done with Asus now until they have better software support strategy as only hardware doesn't make a device appealing.
And for Asus just read each comment line by line here and just like realise how much you have been humiliated by the members of Zentalk and better make sure you give less chance to be humiliated this much from this current moment.
Only some, (whome am I kidding) "Quite literally one" Asus fanboy is trying to convince everyone that poor software updates from your side is acceptable.