This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updates for asus 5z

ZT-2b48628a
Star III
Hi asus, I would like to know if there are anymore updates for us 5z users. Because there are still problems like battery drain, heating problems and so on.
And also is android 11 or zen ui 7 comming to 5z. I am just curious about it. Because I just bought this a year ago and I still like this device, that's why.
It would be great if we atleast get zen ui 7 instead of android 11.
74 REPLIES 74

hkorkut
Rising Star II
This is exactly why Asus now needs to be honest with us. He gave us a phone like Ferrari as hardware. But the software is still on the Lada level. Isn't this a contradiction?

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
JACKSPARROW

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155988#Comment_155988

I Think i dont need to change new battery because i got SOT 5h sometime , today i got 4h 40mins only but that is fully based on usage and look your ss phone idle is just 6h 25mins but mine 22h 40 mins . Per day how many times you charger your phone @AmitGarde. i will charger my phone once. May be software side also problem battery drain no need change battery , i think and whats your though. i am not fighting just sharing my opinion @AmitGarde

And

One Request Take Screenshot u try based on like my usage means phone idle if possible .Even i will try to based on your usage. Then we come one conclusion.

View post
Whatever phone idle time may be atlast it all depends on what apps you use that shows real battery health you can see @Debasish Sahoo screenshot he has phone idle for 17 hrs and still he got same SOT as mine so this clearly shows SOT only depends on apps we use & health of the battery and trust me i am hardcore user so my idle time is less than yours. but also please note that i get this SOT without any apps restriction nor any powersaving mode and that too you can see i did almost 23 min of gaming with youtube HDR for 14 min
Regarding charge cycle you can clearly see i have not put my device on charge from 100-1% and i got this SOT for only 1 charge cycle
If you are satisfied with your battery than its your take but i just shared my screenshot because everyone said that software has wrong battery stats and backup is decreased and has unknown drain, so i tried to test on hardcore usage and results are in front of you.
Thanks! @JACKSPARROW

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
hkorkut

Battery full charging time is approximately 2 hours and 10 minutes. In other words, after the green LED turns on, it should remain on charge for about 30-45 minutes on average. Well now let's ask the most important question. What is the green LED for then? If the green LED means the battery is full, Asus is deceiving us. Or there is a software problem with the battery charging setting.

View post
For your query i got answer from officials is 👇
"All phones keep charging after the led goes green. This is to reduce the number of times the battery gets fully charged which has a negative effect on the life expectancy"
I hope this clears your query
Thanks!

hkorkut
Rising Star II
Amitgarde The green LED issue has been discussed a lot in these forums before. It's interesting that you sound like you hear it for the first time now. When the green LED turns on, immediately remove it from the charge and see your sot value. Unfortunately you cannot get the same sot value.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
hkorkut

Amitgarde The green LED issue has been discussed a lot in these forums before. It's interesting that you sound like you hear it for the first time now. When the green LED turns on, immediately remove it from the charge and see your sot value. Unfortunately you cannot get the same sot value.

View post
With my new battery the screenshot which i shared is the same SOT i got after i removed my charger immediatly after green LED glow up.and even if i keep my device for some more time after LED glow up like more 30-45 min than too i dont see any diffrence in my SOT its always nearly same to 6hrs ( for heavy usage). So I guess @Debasish Sahoo who have got his battery changed also does not see diffrence in SOT as he did the same he removed charger immediately after LED glow up and even his SOT is nearly same as mine so how can there be a problem? I guess replacing battery will fix your problem what we have did already.