This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take Notes Asus

Vamp
Zen Master I
Only a few people who own ROG II use Zentalk like double digit users. And everyone is saying ASUS is a 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 company because of less software support.
Every user is been rooting for better software support. Your updated as slower than anyone else. Even non - existential companies like Essential was better at software support.
It's not even been complete 16 months since ROG 2 released and updates are more than 3 months apart now.
No sign of any major update.
Software errors has been ruled out as hardware errors for random restarts because dev are so lazy to debug the issue and rather change expansive motherboard than minimal expansive coding.
Many more things with lazy software devs and mods motivates themselves by saying, "we are a small company". I mean what the literal 🤬.

If you can't keep up with the software exit the mobile phone market, you already have better reputation as a laptop manufacturer than being smartphone manufacturer. ROG II was a hit until software started getting delayed and crappy. ROG 3 wasn't a hit and neither will be the upcoming ROG if you keep using this little software support strategy. You can still gain some reputation releasing ROG II android 11 beta in next 1-2 month and sales of your next device is gonna depend on to how ROG 2 was supported, because many people have ROG 2 and fraction of people have ROG 3 so everything depends on ROG 2 and your upcoming device.
Promising 2 major update while releasing the newer device isn't gonna impact your sales given your history.

Either change your history or become History choice is yours.
83 REPLIES 83

ImShrey
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155916#Comment_155916

There is a link between unique features and major updates though. For any company, it takes time to implement major updates.

From UI skins to AOD to hardware related configurations. If every phone had no sort of manufacturer changes, all phones will be like stock Android.

These changes takes time and time is actually money for all companies. Yes, Google, Samsung can do it much better because these are mostly APK files (exception, probably fingerprint reader).

As Averan mentioned, Armoury Crate alot of configurations you can do changes on are on the hardware itself, CPU, memory, fan and even the accessories. If these are easy to do, XDA custom ROMs would have the above (especially air triggers) working by now.

At the end of day, it is a business model, with ROG phone as a gaming phone - the last thing gamers want is useless fancy things slowing you down. Really a win win situation. Everyone wants forever lasting updates, but these comes with time and time makes money.

View post
You are sounding like Asus Shill at this point now.
"These changes takes time and time is actually money for all companies.":
Man that's literally why they ask us hundreds of dollars upfront. That's how business work, duh.

"these are mostly APK files":
why doesn't asus put all the stuff in apks then? Yeah its a business decision to make Old phones obsolete with new feature going to new users.

"it is a business model, with ROG phone as a gaming phone":
Again there are like 10 features that are developed, tested and are available to rog 2 Chinese varient. Why they never made it to global?
Finger print animation etc.

"last thing gamers want is useless fancy things slowing you":
And give me some features in other devices/roms that are not available in rog because they may slow down gaming phone?

"For any company, it takes time to implement major updates. From UI skins to AOD to hardware related configurations":
Its funny how most customised, unique roms, MiUI, OneUI, OxygenOS all have better track record. They must have legendary godlike developers to push 2+ android update plus many features at the same time.

Also, regular security updates in themselves have been nuked, coming every 3 months now. Many fixes that are taking forever to fix.

Abi1797
Star III
ImShrey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155937#Comment_155937

Man that's literally why they ask us hundreds of dollars upfront. That's how business work, duh.

why doesn't asus put all the stuff in apks then? Yeah its a business decision to make Old phones obsolete with new feature going to new users.

Again there are like 10 features that are developed, tested and are available to rog 2 Chinese varient. Why they never made it to global?

And give me some features in other devices/roms that are not available in rog because they may slow down gaming phone?

"For any company, it takes time to implement major updates. From UI skins to AOD to hardware related configurations":

Its funny how most customised, unique roms, MiUI, OneUI, OxygenOS all have better track record. They must have legendary godlike developers to push 2+ android update plus many features at the same time.

Also, regular security updates in themselves have been nuked, coming every 3 months now. Many fixes that are taking forever to fix.

View post
According to Asus strategy they give update whenever they feel they want because security update is not important for them when the device is running ok .
Then they always give excuse like we are small company in mobile department so dont compare with other companies for regular updates .

Vamp
Zen Master I
Gustav_ASUS

@Vamp "Software errors has been ruled out as hardware errors for random restarts because dev are so lazy to debug the issue and rather change expansive motherboard than minimal expansive coding."

We collected an unprecedented amount of device logs for that issue and the team conducted a thorough investigation into the root cause. A majority of the logs provided to us by users here on Zentalk pointed toward hardware-related issues, which is why those same users were correctly guided to service. Please don't spread misinformation about this.

View post
@Gustav_ASUS for you it might sound like I'm spreading misinformation here but from the POV of an consumer I'm jumping to conclusions after reading atleast 80 threads regarding this matter on Zentalk, reddit and XDA forums.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
ImShrey

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155937#Comment_155937

View post
I think Gustav addressed the shut down issue for you, so I dont really need to say much on that.
Mostly APK files comment is because the features from other manufacturers there is nothing special to them.
This leads to my next point about gaming phones. You have drivers built in the firmware to allow certain functionality to work. This is why custom roms do not have air triggers as this code is property of ASUS and the as part of a business model, they have the rights to keep it that way. It is their income source.
The comment about how OxygenOS can do much better, I guess this is a software for people who wants to customize their phones. Comes back to my point, "generic phones".
At the end of the day, not all phones will suit everyone and you cannot make everyone happy.
Customizations do not make people play better on games either. Armoury Crate and Game Genie as Averan mentioned.
Abi1797

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156043#Comment_156043

According to Asus strategy they give update whenever they feel they want because security update is not important for them when the device is running ok .

Then they always give excuse like we are small company in mobile department so dont compare with other companies for regular updates .

View post
Security updates is important, but the question do this relate to what you do on the phone? Do you know what the security update is for?
Vamp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155990#Comment_155990

@Gustav_ASUS for you it might sound like I'm spreading misinformation here but from the POV of an consumer I'm jumping to conclusions after reading atleast 80 threads regarding this matter on Zentalk, reddit and XDA forums.

View post
On the forum, people have been asked to go to service centre regarding shut downs by moderators. Lets be honest, there will be some who would have created another account just to escalate the issue. 20-30 customers out of how many units sold? This is a forum for asking help and you would expect everything here about problems and possibly the same. Still, it would be good to have zero I guess.

ImShrey
Rising Star II
ronald1985

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156043#Comment_156043

I think Gustav addressed the shut down issue for you, so I dont really need to say much on that.

Mostly APK files comment is because the features from other manufacturers there is nothing special to them.

This leads to my next point about gaming phones. You have drivers built in the firmware to allow certain functionality to work. This is why custom roms do not have air triggers as this code is property of ASUS and the as part of a business model, they have the rights to keep it that way. It is their income source.

The comment about how OxygenOS can do much better, I guess this is a software for people who wants to customize their phones. Comes back to my point, "generic phones".

At the end of the day, not all phones will suit everyone and you cannot make everyone happy.

Customizations do not make people play better on games either. Armoury Crate and Game Genie as Averan mentioned.

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156045#Comment_156045

Security updates is important, but the question do this relate to what you do on the phone? Do you know what the security update is for?

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/156047#Comment_156047

On the forum, people have been asked to go to service centre regarding shut downs by moderators. Lets be honest, there will be some who would have created another account just to escalate the issue. 20-30 customers out of how many units sold? This is a forum for asking help and you would expect everything here about problems and possibly the same. Still, it would be good to have zero I guess.

View post
20-30 people of total active Zentalk rog 2 users. Get your assumptions right. Not everyone is on Zentalk, not everyone knows zentalk exists.

Also you didn't read, people saying they are being charged for this issue? If its h/w design flaw it should be free without considering warranty status. That's why apple replaces keyboards and Batteries of some of their products, industry standard.

Security updates: So like yeah phone is not kept secured by manufacturer better stop doing work on phone?🤦‍♂️ Everyone makes online transactions, share trading, access confidential work mails and documents in their phones.
Have you forgot the exploit where anyone can get near 777(su) level access to your device without unlocking bootloader? Check news articles from last 3 months.

I never said anything about drivers and asus's secret curry.
And you conveniencely ignored many of my valid questions there mate.

Also justify missing fundamentals: voWiFi/volte on major carriers, airtel voWiFi in perticular?
Also why can't asus just put official statement whether A11 is coming to R2? Why silence?
Why rog 1 is stuck on A9?
$1000 and you can't get 2 android updates? Why are we debating this?