Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Kunai 3
Left Controller Version: V3.3.3
Right Controller Version: Vff.ff.ff
Bluetooth Version : V3.0.8
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: all the time
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
There was a prompt to update, but it failed, after that the right controller on my kunai 3 doesnt work anymore.
I saw another thread about this that has been solved.
From what i get, they have updated their firmware.
I've been trying to search in threads, youtube and on the web on how to update the firmware, but cant find it any where.
Please help.
Thank you in advance.
17 REPLIES 17

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@lan61t I'm sending you a PM with a couple of follow-up questions about your device. Check your inbox!

lan61t
Star III
this afternoon i went to asus service center in jakarta
they cant find a quick way to update / troubleshoot the problem.
they told me to leave rog3+kunai3 at the service center,
when i asked them why do i need to leave the rog3 when the one not working is the kunai,
they suggested me to contact the store, in order for the store to send a replacement.

i think this is a very embarrassing situation, where the problem started from firmware update, and ended with the consumer have to go back to the store to get a replacement

lan61t
Star III
updated : just contacted the seller, and they told me to go back to Asus Service Center for a warranty claim and to exchange for a new one, because mine supposed to be still under warranty.
the seller complaint about the statement where they told me to go back to the store for a replacement.
What is the purpose of a service center if the customer have to go back to the store for a warranty replacement.

Something doesnt feel right.

lan61t
Star III
Updated
The seller give us an address where of another service center, we went there, but they said they cant repair Kunai3, and give us the 3rd Asus service center.

At the 3rd Asus Service Center, they said they cant repair or accept warranty, and give us another address turn out to be a WAREHOUSE of the Importir / Distributor for Asus product.
Amazing how such a simple procedure of updating a firmware can be this troublesome.
I googled on the web regarding this so called distrobutor / importer, and they gave me the steps of the warranty claim, that i have to emailed them the serial number + proof of purchase, then will determine whether the product is from them and whether i'm entitled for a warranty claim. how long the process? no one knows.
The seller is trying to speak up with the distributor as well regarding this.
This might be the last time i will purcahse Asus product.

lan61t
Star III
Update : March 12th 2021
After i sent the serial number and purchase receipt to distributor via email, they told me to contact back to seller, so they can coordinate with the distributor.
I told them that the seller respond was only to return to service center.
Distributor told me to contact Asus Service Center.
So i contacted them again.
The service center respond was super amazing.
I purchased the product on Dec 13th 2020, but it's already out of warranty, on Feb 8th 2021. the warranty for accessories is only valid for 3 months.
For accessories already out of warranty, Asus Service Center cant repair it, I have to communicate and find a way with Asus Service Center to find a repair solution.
So back to beginning again, where i have to go to Asus Service Center, where they cant repair it.
I dont need a new Kunai 3, i just want to find a way to be able to use it again. Or if they said they cant repair it and i have to throw it away, they can just make that statement, and i will throw it away.