This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take Notes Asus

Vamp
Zen Master I
Only a few people who own ROG II use Zentalk like double digit users. And everyone is saying ASUS is a 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 company because of less software support.
Every user is been rooting for better software support. Your updated as slower than anyone else. Even non - existential companies like Essential was better at software support.
It's not even been complete 16 months since ROG 2 released and updates are more than 3 months apart now.
No sign of any major update.
Software errors has been ruled out as hardware errors for random restarts because dev are so lazy to debug the issue and rather change expansive motherboard than minimal expansive coding.
Many more things with lazy software devs and mods motivates themselves by saying, "we are a small company". I mean what the literal 🤬.

If you can't keep up with the software exit the mobile phone market, you already have better reputation as a laptop manufacturer than being smartphone manufacturer. ROG II was a hit until software started getting delayed and crappy. ROG 3 wasn't a hit and neither will be the upcoming ROG if you keep using this little software support strategy. You can still gain some reputation releasing ROG II android 11 beta in next 1-2 month and sales of your next device is gonna depend on to how ROG 2 was supported, because many people have ROG 2 and fraction of people have ROG 3 so everything depends on ROG 2 and your upcoming device.
Promising 2 major update while releasing the newer device isn't gonna impact your sales given your history.

Either change your history or become History choice is yours.
83 REPLIES 83

ronald1985
Community Legend I
From your favourite encyclopedia - WIKIPEDIA
"The ROG Phone is an Android gaming smartphone made by Asus and the first generation of the ROG smartphone series. It was announced on June 8, 2018 at the Computex computer expo,[1] being the first Asus smartphone to be targeted mainly to gamers. It competes with the Razer PhoneXiaomi Black Shark, and ZTE Nubia Red Magic."
Does anyone here have Razer Phone, Xiaomi Black Share or Nubia Red Magic?
Don't be saying Samsung - a phone that was made generically for everyone 🙂

ImShrey
Rising Star II
I don't why such a trivial functionality is delayed for more than a year. Its not like people asking some major features. VoLte and voWifi are fundamentals.
@ronald1985
How you justify that we are asked to wait for more than a year now?
Tier 3 brands have them out of the box now.

And @Averan A mod officially said that rog series gets only 1 android update. And if you still go to Rog1 Forum you will find people being told by asus "we I'll let you know, wait for announcement" for more than year, and guess what Rog 1 doesn't even have Android 10.
@Ronal

ImShrey
Rising Star II
Also why everyone is forgetting inherent hardware design flaws. Causing to devices to go dead on their own? And Random shutdowns.
Its not isolated issue,I atleast saw 20-30people complaining here.

For all its worth, asus should have made official announcement and gave free replacement to affected devices. What they do? Give you small discount for 28k / 400$ repair. Which itself was caused by theirs fault.

Vamp
Zen Master I
Guys we are not arguing about the unique features here that RoG have.
Every company have their unique features. For example iPhone now have Dolby vision recording, for samsung it's single take feature, etc.
But they all get atleast 2 major android update.
Don't be saying it's a gaming phone so we don't have luxury to get atleast 2 major update. After all it's just a smartphone.
We are here to get atleast 2 major update otherwise Asus is never gonna plan for 2 major android update for its RoG series.
And if I'm not wrong anyone who plays games on the phone is already a tech nerd so 2 major update is a big deal.

ImShrey
Rising Star II
Vamp

Guys we are not arguing about the unique features here that RoG have.

Every company have their unique features. For example iPhone now have Dolby vision recording, for samsung it's single take feature, etc.

But they all get atleast 2 major android update.

Don't be saying it's a gaming phone so we don't have luxury to get atleast 2 major update. After all it's just a smartphone.

We are here to get atleast 2 major update otherwise Asus is never gonna plan for 2 major android update for its RoG series.

And if I'm not wrong anyone who plays games on the phone is already a tech nerd so 2 major update is a big deal.

View post
On point!
Is rog 2 flagship device? Yes
Is rog 2 complex device? Yes
Do gamers need latest and greatest S/W for best performance? Yes

Now, flagship device which happens to be gaming phone with complex internals should be supported for longer terms.
Is it much of an ask? I don't think so. 2 android updates is just bare minimum here. Specially when you are barely pushing security update very quarter now, and there are lot of bugs and design flaws causing h/w meltdown.
Asus should get their act together! Otherwise people will crash Rog 5 release!