This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Take Notes Asus

Vamp
Zen Master I
Only a few people who own ROG II use Zentalk like double digit users. And everyone is saying ASUS is a 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 company because of less software support.
Every user is been rooting for better software support. Your updated as slower than anyone else. Even non - existential companies like Essential was better at software support.
It's not even been complete 16 months since ROG 2 released and updates are more than 3 months apart now.
No sign of any major update.
Software errors has been ruled out as hardware errors for random restarts because dev are so lazy to debug the issue and rather change expansive motherboard than minimal expansive coding.
Many more things with lazy software devs and mods motivates themselves by saying, "we are a small company". I mean what the literal 🤬.

If you can't keep up with the software exit the mobile phone market, you already have better reputation as a laptop manufacturer than being smartphone manufacturer. ROG II was a hit until software started getting delayed and crappy. ROG 3 wasn't a hit and neither will be the upcoming ROG if you keep using this little software support strategy. You can still gain some reputation releasing ROG II android 11 beta in next 1-2 month and sales of your next device is gonna depend on to how ROG 2 was supported, because many people have ROG 2 and fraction of people have ROG 3 so everything depends on ROG 2 and your upcoming device.
Promising 2 major update while releasing the newer device isn't gonna impact your sales given your history.

Either change your history or become History choice is yours.
83 REPLIES 83

Debasish_Sahoo
Zen Master I
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155832#Comment_155832

Samsung flagships which launch with Snapdragon chipsets aren't launched in India

Some midrange do have sd socs but 7 series coupled with worse hardware and with the bloat heavy one ui it'll lag even in ui rendering (even 90hz ones)

And I'm an Zenfone user saw this thread in "recent discussions"

Xiaomi is weird when it comes to software updates by the way,miui versions don't follow android versions miui 12 recently incorporated andro10 gestures (miui's take on android 10 was miui 10 or 11) they released multiple ui versions and claim it to be based on newer android versions but in actuality it doesn't incorporate the changes

img-20210308-211909-202.jpg

(From XDA memes)

And if I had to make an opinion I'd the features Rog offers won't be available even in the next 4-5 iterations of android

Google is adding an gaming manager in a12 (pixel lacked one till now) and many things aren't present which you get in Zen ui since past (5/6)

View post
Completely agree with you bro. Asus is offering so much new unique features in comparison to other brand. A truth that cannot be ignored. And yes I can say that they need to work on software updates for Rog series. But in Zenfone series everything is good 🙂

Aryan202
Community Legend I
SoumyaRS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155838#Comment_155838

Did you say many features? Let me remind you..

1. VoWifi doesn't work for Airtel

2. ViLTE doesn't work in Asus phone app.

3. 3 fingers screenshot doesn't available.

4. Block call notification doesn't work.

5. Bimonthly security updates missing.

6. You can't change accent color. You need to download themes from Asus store. Still it won't apply everywhere.

I hope you understand now.😀

View post
1. Mods say it'll be available soon so wait a bit more ig and if you check Asus isn't the best brand when it comes to global support for carriers with stuff like volte/vowifi (in India it's more than adequate) but in certain carriers in USA, Australia even volte doesn't work ( you can deduce this by reading some posts here on zentalk)
2. That's a relic of the past now I don't see many modern phones supporting it last I remember a cheap 2015 Onida phone I had had vilte
3. Not a priority feature and just to inform you Zen ui 7 has it and Rog 2 will probably get Zen ui 7 as Rog 1 got one Zen ui upgrade too (wait for news on A11 should be clear after Rog 3 gets A11)
4. This is an software problem with your device the call block feature in game genie is flawless,try clearing app data cache of game genie
5. Not a difference both have the same results Rog has some pretty good themes with many accents available (or you're limited to 6-8 colors in many phones) Rog's exclusive themes,X mode light up and all is probably the reason for the themestore, Zenfone series has accent colors in display section of settings

ImShrey
Rising Star II
SoumyaRS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155838#Comment_155838

Did you say many features? Let me remind you..

1. VoWifi doesn't work for Airtel

2. ViLTE doesn't work in Asus phone app.

3. 3 fingers screenshot doesn't available.

4. Block call notification doesn't work.

5. Bimonthly security updates missing.

6. You can't change accent color. You need to download themes from Asus store. Still it won't apply everywhere.

I hope you understand now.😀

View post
7. Phone app can't be minimised when in-call😂 what are we KitKat users?
8. Auto dark/light mode
9. 3rd party launchers with system navigation gestures not supported
10. Always on display is a joke. No customisations, not interactive.
11. You can use some type c headphones directly
12. Have you looked at stock recorder app? Its like GIF is kept as animation at 10fps
13. Fingerprint unlock animation? We are using generic qcom one😂🤦‍♂️
@Averan

Rog 3 has bypass charging: did you know it deliberately not made available to rog 2?

You know that many of the above mentioned features are added to RoG 2 China edition?
Last build itself added new fingerprint animations.
What do global users get? Lol.

ImShrey
Rising Star II
Averan

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/155836#Comment_155836

I won't say anything about the hardware issues as 2019 Asus phones had quality control issues (mobo failure) in certain batches

But coming to Zen/Rog ui features there are actually many

Armory crate as a whole has so much stuff (hardcore mode and everything can be customised)

Game genie with fps monitor,real time info,live streaming,macro etc (other OEMs don't add much to their gaming managers)

Actually a lot more coming to gcam development Asus is one of the few OEMs who offer aux support without root and 48mp raw support in gcam

There's are so many other stuff though

Rog 3 has bypass charging for example and Asus is one of the only ones to have it

View post
Many of these are available to other gaming phones.
Plus last I checked twitch streaming has been discontinued. YouTube streaming has glitches and doesn't work sometimes.

Heck, even google assistant doesn't work half the time when you use gesture to launch and connected to bluetooth device.

ronald1985
Community Legend I

Melqui

Samsung, 4 years of Android updates support! Asus, please, at least 3 years...

View post
Bearing in mind ROG 2 is a 2nd generation of the ROG phone series. Some of you are comparing several (Samsung is probably 10x generations ahead) generations of phone ahead of ROG.
Customizations - ROG series definately not a phone for you if you're looking for lots customization, if Android (by Play Store) isn't enough for you in the first place.
I guess some of you are right about VOLTE, VOWIFI being available to major carriers or where you're in a country with no/little 3G coversage. If ASUS is saying they are working on it, I guess you have to wait a little bit longer.