This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updates for asus 5z

ZT-2b48628a
Star III
Hi asus, I would like to know if there are anymore updates for us 5z users. Because there are still problems like battery drain, heating problems and so on.
And also is android 11 or zen ui 7 comming to 5z. I am just curious about it. Because I just bought this a year ago and I still like this device, that's why.
It would be great if we atleast get zen ui 7 instead of android 11.
74 REPLIES 74

dsaikat127
Star III
If I downgrade to Android 9 will there be any security issue ?

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
subhojit.dey

Look guys, I am also a 5z user for 1.5 years now. I don't comment a lot here becausesome things I have reported have been taken care of. While ASUS dev responses are below par. I'd say mods and users here are more than supportive, including @amitgarde3. Many other users and mods are also receptive. So cornering a mod or an user is not a justified behaviour in any case.

However yes, I agree wholeheartedly that ASUS should for once take note of how the devs are working because the patches released look extremely lousy sometimes and it deems as if the effort from the dev side is kind of lousy at best. It is something every brand goes through but there is room for improvement here.

That being said, let's look at a few important points here:

1. Camera blur issue seems to be a major thing with this device. I have personally never faced this issue in my 1.5 years of usage. But some users seem to be facing this. There was a sim card problem earlier which affected a lot of users. It happened due to some batches of phones that were shipped with faulty hardware. People who bought 5z around that period were simply unlucky and they had to get the hardware replaced. I think the camera issue may be similar where a few batches of products have a faulty OIS motor that keeps getting stuck. Take it to the service centre once.
  2. But since someone reported that downgrading to A9 solved the camera issue. There may be something we are onto here. Can we get side by side A9 and A10 screenshots and logs. @amitgarde3 @Averan @Anders_ASUS @Christine_ASUS can we please look into this one at the earliest? We might be onto something here.
  3. Lastly, battery drain is something I have been facing too. I was getting 2.5 hours SOT. A complete factory reset brought it up to 3.5 hours SOT on A10 v110. Downgrading to A9 is giving me 6.5 hours of battery so something in the software must be messing with the battery too. It is not just a battery issue. That being said, the problem may be from google's end as most phones suffered a battery hit with A10 update. I'd request ASUS to look into this, but there seems to be something in A10 from google that is sucking up more battery compared to A9.

Hope these help you all! Thanks! Peace!

PS: Seriously, when is this update coming though? 😂

View post
First i am very much thankful to you that you noticed my helping hand to this forum meansalot😊
Camera comparisions which you are saying to be done between A9 & A10 for camera blur problem this has already been done like 9 months ago had a long discussions on this let me tell you that even by comparing between 5z vs 6z have been done when A10 came in for 5z as we were also feeling the same that quality got degraded but again i want to tell you that after comparing A9 vs A10 there seems no diffrence a much infact A10 was much better in some cases and even same goes with comparing 5z vs 6z in some shots at same location same lightnings 5z was at its best but obviously 6z is not too less. Real comparisions are when you do side by side versions like A9 vs A10 at same location same lightning same angles and this has been done with testing units by Devs and there was no diffrence but Also they noticed A10 was much better in terms of detailings sometimes
Note:- it all also depends on how much stable you hold ur cam during a click the more you shake ur hand unknowingly the greater you will notice the blur. at every angle lights, and stability gives diffrent results so basically camera is not degraded nor there is diffrence between blur issue.
About battery issue as you are saying that after downgrading you suddently started getting 6.5 hours SOT (Thats huge diffrence this should not happen) if this is true share latest comparing screenshots of SOT between A9 & A10 also dont forget to mention firmware versions to which you are camparing of both A9 & A10 so that i will take those as a proof to mods and then we discuss furthur. I think you will help on this i want someone to bringup if it is real i will definetly take it furthur coz as per my earlier discussions with mods as well as my logs the only thibg devs have found out that it is battery aging and nothing else so no i have changed my battery and i get 6.5-7 hrs SOT. So basically no complains here. And changing battery clearly shows real diffrence between SOT. If you still think you are not satisfied than only way remains is to get comparisions get proofs and hopefully devs will agree.
But i am still thinking & doubt Did you change your battery lately! coz 6.5 hr SOT can be acheived only with new battery??
Thanks!

JACKSPARROW
Rising Star II
AmitGarde

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/154291#Comment_154291

I always use to get 4hr-4.30hrs SOT and now after new battery replacement i am getting 6.30hrs-7hrs SOT (for very normal use)

yes 2% drop as soon as removed from charge was seen by me with my old battery (this is beacuse of battery aging) and now after replacement i dont see such 2% drop everything is good for me.

Before with old battery my phone use to charge in 45 min 100% but after new battery replacement charging time is increased it takes almost 2 hrs nearly and this is understoond because of good battery health.

Let me tell you without factory reset there was a time i use to see same less like 2.5hrs SOT on. 99 version than i gave a try with factory reset and guess what my SOT changed from 2hrs to 4.30hrs sometime even it got 5hrs 30 min as well depending upon my usage.

I hope this will help you @JACKSPARROW

Thanks!

View post
image.png
Mobile Network Standby Battery Drain ? .. @AmitGarde , You Are Going Tell Change New Battery ? . How I Got SOT Because I Turn Off WiFi , Mobile Data , Screen Brightness 25% And I Am Using KillApps : Close all apps running , I Will Kill Almost All Apps Even System Apps Also Then After I Got This SOT . First I Got This SOT On Android 10.. Happy Tears 🤣

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
JACKSPARROW

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/154301#Comment_154301

image.png

Mobile Network Standby Battery Drain ? .. @AmitGarde , You Are Going Tell Change New Battery ? . How I Got SOT Because I Turn Off WiFi , Mobile Data , Screen Brightness 25% And I Am Using KillApps : Close all apps running , I Will All Most All Apps Even System Apps Also Then After I Got This SOT . First I Got This SOT On Android 10.. Happy Tears 🤣

View post
Yes SOT may vary with whatever apps you use also other aspects like how many times you unlocked, how much brightness you had on an average, and networks in your area if is more fluctuating than definetly there will be more mobile network standby drain 5hrs SOT is not less for 2 years old battery but if it was new than you would have definetly got 7. 5hrs or more SOT with same usage at same settings. Also dont forget you are using it with dual sim so 5hrs SOT seems much better with your old battery.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
screenshot-20210308-131244078.jpg
I'm getting good sot on the current firmware (still using the original battery which is 2.5yrs+ old at this point)
They just need to fix the stats though