This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security updates

Roystoys
Zen Master III
I know that A11 is not far off for the zenfone 7 but why are we not getting the monthly security updates?. The last one was on the 28/1/21 Shouldn't we be getting the monthly updates?
7 REPLIES 7

Roystoys
Zen Master III
So we won't get a security update until we get both A11 and I assume the security updates we haven't received?
I don't understand why Asus doesn't just send OTA security updates when they are available, you would think that because they are SECURITY UPDATES, they have priority.
What if they find another bug with A11 and put it off for another month or so,then that would be about 3 security updates we are behind in
I don't claim to be an expert but doesn't this make our phones vuneralabe?

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Roystoys

So we won't get a security update until we get both A11 and I assume the security updates we haven't received?

I don't understand why Asus doesn't just send OTA security updates when they are available, you would think that because they are SECURITY UPDATES, they have priority.

What if they find another bug with A11 and put it off for another month or so,then that would be about 3 security updates we are behind in

I don't claim to be an expert but doesn't this make our phones vuneralabe?

View post
Dont worry A11 when drops in, it will have latest security patch and from there after you can see security patches on monthly basis.
Delay this time is only because they are very close to release a A11 stable version. And hopefully this will be the last delay for security patches,also it is not that having older patch can get phone easily vulnurable (infact critical security updates will be provided if they find any) . Also giving just security patches requires alot of new coding its not just copy & paste so basically instead of double work they have decided to do it directly with A11 and monthly patches continue after that.
Thanks!

Roystoys
Zen Master III
Thanks for your response