This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog 3 phone cracked display

ROCI
Star II
2days ago my rog 3 started fading out colour from top side. After the night 15% of the display went black. I don't know what is causing it. After throughly inspection I saw a very minor crack inside the display, yes no dmg on glass or phone body,no physical dmg to see I never dropped my phone . Today 50%(top half) of the display is black. The rog 3 phone is still working 100% , Tuch is working as usual, fingerprint scanner working and the phone have no issues just the display fading out it's colour day by day.i am using it in one-handed mode.
If the black screen keep spreading then I have to go for a replacement for screen.my phone is just 3 months old . Will it be covered under warranty.

18 REPLIES 18

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
ROCI

2days ago my rog 3 started fading out colour from top side. After the night 15% of the display went black. I don't know what is causing it. After throughly inspection I saw a very minor crack inside the display, yes no dmg on glass or phone body,no physical dmg to see I never dropped my phone . Today 50%(top half) of the display is black. The rog 3 phone is still working 100% , Tuch is working as usual, fingerprint scanner working and the phone have no issues just the display fading out it's colour day by day.i am using it in one-handed mode.

If the black screen keep spreading then I have to go for a replacement for screen.my phone is just 3 months old . Will it be covered under warranty.

p-20210305-112038.jpg

p-20210305-112131.jpg

Rog 3 phone cracked display
Yes it should get covered under warrenty if repair centre finds that it has no CID(customer induced damage) so visit nearest repair centre AEAP
Note:- Before visiting repair centre do not forget to backup your important data before you submit your device.
Thanks!

ROCI
Star II
After this incident I have seen lots of thread on internet about customers reporting fragile screen panel of the rog series smartphone . Many reports coming from around the world , customers are unhappy about the product quality (durability) .

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
ROCI

After this incident I have seen lots of thread on internet about customers reporting fragile screen panel of the rog series smartphone . Many reports coming from around the world , customers are unhappy about the product quality (durability) .

View post
Yes most of ROG 2/1 series was suffering this screen issues alot and i am seeing you as a first user from ROG 3 reporting similar problem like its older generations so basically they may have improved with display cracking issue as there are very less complains of screen cracking reports with ROG 3 but you may be the unlucky one to get this defect.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi ROCI,
Kindly visit the nearest service center:

Find service locations - India | Official Support | ASUS India
Let me know if any issues.