This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable HDR display in ROG Phone 2.??.?

KraKen
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hello
ROG phone 2 display supports HDR and we can use it for some YouTube videos as well.
But the real question is, can we enable HDR display manually for our daily use?? Because ROG phone 1 has option called HDR visuals in notification panel. But ROG phone 2 does not have this option.
I don't know much about ROG phone 1 but I would really like to enable HDR display for the whole time.
Please help me with this.
I'm unable to share the link of YouTube video showing the proof of HDR Visuals. But you can search on YouTube about HDR visuals ROG phone.
You'll get the result.

screenshot-20210304-150226055.png
First video
7 REPLIES 7

KraKen
Rising Star II
raikou837

The HDR is only turned on if it detects HDR video is playing on youtube or Netflix.

The night light imo simulates HDR if cranked to the max.

View post
What does it mean by " The night light imo stimulates HDR if cranked to the max "???

Vableme
Rising Star II
You know, the blue light filter. The one that makes the screen yellowish. In my opinion (IMO), it does look like HDR are turned on only missing the bright screen.

KraKen
Rising Star II
raikou837

You know, the blue light filter. The one that makes the screen yellowish. In my opinion (IMO), it does look like HDR are turned on only missing the bright screen.

View post
Yeah to some extent