This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The button to turn off my touch pad is not working, how to enable this?

fivedezs
Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Either
Model: Q503U
Frequency of occurrence: All the time
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: The button to disable my touch pad does not work and I would like to enable this button because it hit the touch pad a lot when I'm typing and it messes me up. Please help me fix this button.
9 REPLIES 9

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello fivedezs,
The ATK has to install first, and it is still not working?
Please kindly send the device to our service center for further examination.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you.

jamesferny
Star I
Hi FIvedezs, Blake_ASUS, I've had the same issue where the touchpad suddenly stopped working and I can't even see there is a driver for the touchpad installed now. I've had this happen before and couldn't find a fix - I used a mouse for months which was really annoying then a further update fixed the problem. It's simply not practical for most people to be without a laptop as it's sent to a service centre for examination.
The link above to the ATK package doesn't work so I can't try this. I've tried to download the touchpad driver but can't install it as "a program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected"
What can be done and why does this problem occur?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
jamesferny

Hi FIvedezs, Blake_ASUS, I've had the same issue where the touchpad suddenly stopped working and I can't even see there is a driver for the touchpad installed now. I've had this happen before and couldn't find a fix - I used a mouse for months which was really annoying then a further update fixed the problem. It's simply not practical for most people to be without a laptop as it's sent to a service centre for examination.

The link above to the ATK package doesn't work so I can't try this. I've tried to download the touchpad driver but can't install it as "a program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected"

What can be done and why does this problem occur?

View post
Hello James,
Which model do you have?
May you help to check in device manager to see if touchpad is listed there or any error message on it?
Thank you.

jamesferny
Star I
Hi Blake_Asus, I have a Zenbook Flip UX360UA. Under device manager, the only "mice and other pointing devices" is the USB mouse I'm using and there isn't a touchpad option listed. The touch screen also doesn't respond.
Thanks,
James

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello James,
Please refer to below link
UX360UA - SupportCheck if your BIOS is up to date, if not, please update it; if yes, then enter BIOS and load default setting again.
Then go to Device manager, in the bar at the top, press search for hardware change.
Then install ATK package and touchpad driver again.
If the touchpad still not shown in Device manager, please send the device to service center to check for the hardware.
Thank you.