Did you mean: 

Screen issue (stuck in 60hz)

Vableme
Rising Star II
Info beforehand
2012.65 software
Rooted V 20.4 Magisk
FDE.AI

So i got this issue / bug idk, sometimes when i don't use the phone the screen reverts back to 60hz without any power saving and without intervention.
This sometimes happen randomly and i can't manually change the refresh rate back to 90hz or 120hz.
The settings says so, but it's still 60hz.
Restarting the phone helps but it does it again sometimes and it bugs me when i try to play pubg with 90hz and the screen is on 60hz. My eyes already used to the smoothness of 90hz.

Any tough luck?
4 REPLIES 4

Vableme
Rising Star II
Im going to @ this

ronald1985
Community Legend I
raikou837

Info beforehand

2012.65 software

Rooted V 20.4 Magisk

FDE.AI

So i got this issue / bug idk, sometimes when i don't use the phone the screen reverts back to 60hz without any power saving and without intervention.

This sometimes happen randomly and i can't manually change the refresh rate back to 90hz or 120hz.

The settings says so, but it's still 60hz.

Restarting the phone helps but it does it again sometimes and it bugs me when i try to play pubg with 90hz and the screen is on 60hz. My eyes already used to the smoothness of 90hz.

Any tough luck?

Screen issue (stuck in 60hz)
// Nevermind - I just tried it and it unlocks refresh rate. Your best bet is to try and reproduce the issue and let us know if we can get the same issue.
Did you have a game running in the background? In Amoury Crate, for the game in question, if you have it minimized, I'm pretty sure it will keep the refresh rate locked until that game is closed. Game closed = Amoury Crate/Game Genie closed.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@raikou837 Make sure all apps are closed correctly, like Ronald is suggesting. Also, try restarting your device in safe mode and see if your issue persists. Similar problems have been caused by third-party apps acting up in the background.

Vableme
Rising Star II
Gustav_ASUS

@raikou837 Make sure all apps are closed correctly, like Ronald is suggesting. Also, try restarting your device in safe mode and see if your issue persists. Similar problems have been caused by third-party apps acting up in the background.

View post
I did not have anything in the background at all. Only FDE.AI to improve gaming experience.