This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enabling VoLTE for Zenfone 5z in Malaysia.

yungsheng_yeo
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 5z ZS620KL
Firmware Version: WW.100.10.107.110_20201118
Rooted or not: Not rooted
May I know if Asus is in any effort working with the telecommunications provider to enable VoLTE for the device in Malaysia? As Malaysia will be shutting down the 3G network by end of 2021. If Asus did not enable VoLTE for user of ZS620KL in Malaysia, It will render the flagship device not able to perform call despite the hardware is ready. The worst case would be users are forced to fall back to 2G when performing call. It is very unreasonable as even midrange phone from other brand is supporting VoLTE but not for Asus flagship. Please be fare to every Zenfone user as we pay for the devices, we should be able to enjoy it. It has been for years since the launch of the device in Malaysian market and yet the very basic VoLTE is not supported.
5 REPLIES 5

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi yungsheng.yeo
Thank you for your asking. After checking, there is no carrier supports VoLTE on ZS620KL in Malaysia currently. For 2G/3G/4G related question, if you are using 3G service now, please contact your local carrier to ensure
(1) the carrier supports 4G in your area
(2) the device is inserted a 4G-supported sim card
(3) a proper "Preferred network type" is set
Settings> Network & Internet> Mobile network> Preferred network type> 2G/3G/4G

hkorkut
Rising Star II
What is the situation for Turkey?

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi hkorkut
Thank you for your asking.
Vodafone, TURKCELL, and Turkish Telekom support VoLTE on ZS620KL in Turkey.
If you can not use the function in your area, please check with the carrier for further confirmation. Sometimes the carrier may only support VoLTE in specific areas. Please also make sure that your sim card support VoLTE and "Preferred network type" is set in "2G/3G/4G".

yungsheng_yeo
Star I
Christine_ASUS

Hi yungsheng.yeo

Thank you for your asking. After checking, there is no carrier supports VoLTE on ZS620KL in Malaysia currently. For 2G/3G/4G related question, if you are using 3G service now, please contact your local carrier to ensure

(1) the carrier supports 4G in your area

(2) the device is inserted a 4G-supported sim card

(3) a proper "Preferred network type" is set

Settings> Network & Internet> Mobile network> Preferred network type> 2G/3G/4G

View post
I am using 4G service currently, even enjoying the 4G+ experience, however, VoLTE is still not available here. I had asked the service provider but they instead asked me to check with the phone manufacturer and hence why I am here.
I would like to know if Asus is in any effort to work with the carrier to make VoLTE available on ZS620KL as 3G network will be shutting down soon.