newnews
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6
Firmware Version: .127
Rooted or not: NO
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Today my phone screen suddenly becomes blue while I am reading on the phone. It stop responding for long time so I press and hold the power button to turn it off. Now I am not able to turn it on. No LED when plugin to a charger or computer. It seems completely dead. Never been rooted. Just out of warranty about 2 months. I believe I am having same issue as many others reported -- motherboard failure. I guess it will take probably $300 to replace the motherboard so I will not repair it.
I am quite disappointed because I never had a phone failed just about one year usage.
7 REPLIES 7

artjoe
Star I
Today, I got exactly the same issue - the screen got blue and while charging there was no LED on. It seemed totally dead and I thought that everything was lost, but then I put it in the charger (maybe this step is not so important) and I pushed POWER button together with Volume + button and Volume - button for a longer time. After this the phone got alive and it started to restart again and again. I waited for a while and then I pushed the three buttons together again and - the phone started normally! Right now, I'm copying the data from the internal memory! Try it too!
I have Zenfone 6 with Android 11.

bijoykjose11
Star II
I did the 3 button method and the phone turned ON. But it stays ON only for some seconds only. Didnt get enough time to copy stuffs. If everyone is facing the same issue I doubt something is there with the latest software update. May be any bugg or something in the latest android 11 update.

artjoe
Star I
In my case, it was important to push the three buttons again and to try it in different stages of the "restarts". I'm more than convinced that there is connection with the Android 11 update, more strange software things started after the upgrade.
Now, the phone is staying switched on, but I'm afraid what happens next. 😄