rocknrolla
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6
Firmware Version: WW_18.0610.2101.127
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi,
This is a followup to my previous post https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/41828/hd-calls-in-3g-not-working#latest
I have since updated to Android 11 and also did a factory reset, and still do not have AMR-WB codec enabled in any call.
From what I have read in several developer forums, this is a parameter in the modem settings configuration, which are not configurable by the user without rooting the phone, something I'm not willing to do, and of course shouldn't have to.
I'm really disappointed that this does not work in the Zenfone 6, being a such a recent phone. I haven't had this issue with any phone in the last years, all of them properly supported AMR-WB, even my old nokias.
Can this be checked with the development team? I want to think it is just an overlook, because it really doesn't make any sense to ship a phone with AMR-WB disabled nowadays.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

rocknrolla
Star III
Hi @mrasquinho , I got a PM from Anders after sending some diagnostic logs to share with the developers. It turns out that this feature requires some testing with the carriers to be enabled, which apparently was not done at time of launch with my carrier and it won't be done now because the phone is already "old" for the carrier.
It's a bummer, because this and volte support are my only complaints with the Zenfone 6. Otherwise the phone is quite good.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

rocknrolla
Star III
Hi, I just updated to WW_18.0610.2101.132 OTA, but it still has the same problem

rocknrolla
Star III
@Anders_ASUS could you help?

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
rocknrolla

@Anders_ASUS could you help?

View post
I will send you a PM

mrasquinho
Star II
@Anders_ASUS I would also like to know how to enable it!

My operator supports HD Calls, every cheap phone has it enabled but zenfone 6 not.

Also VoLTE... The mighty VoLTE... Every cheap phone has it enabled except the expensive Zenfone 6..

Thanks in advance