This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updates for asus 5z

ZT-2b48628a
Star III
Hi asus, I would like to know if there are anymore updates for us 5z users. Because there are still problems like battery drain, heating problems and so on.
And also is android 11 or zen ui 7 comming to 5z. I am just curious about it. Because I just bought this a year ago and I still like this device, that's why.
It would be great if we atleast get zen ui 7 instead of android 11.
74 REPLIES 74

Guri27
Rising Star I
Keep telling the problems guys. At last your device is faulty in every situation. No matter what it is. Neither devs are looking after the threads and he (amit garde) is not going to tell these problems further to any dev or mod. As his device is working fine i don't know how? He'll never gonna help the users and keep telling everyone that ur device is faulty. So stop expecting any improvements/updates. It's the end to zenfone 5z. Deeply disappointed to have buggy flagship phone at last.

Guri27
Rising Star I
If users camera has blurring problem, it's the device fault,
If users mobile front camera shows lines in pictures, it's ur device fault,
If users device has more battery drainage after last OTA update, it's ur device fault,

And solution for everything is clear cache/data of app, check safe mode, do factory reset, go to service center. That's all. Never expected this type of service from brand like asus.

Gera
Star III
Was considering buy Zenfone 7 soon but i give up this crap Asus software developers. Good Hardware but BAD Software

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Guri27

Keep telling the problems guys. At last your device is faulty in every situation. No matter what it is. Neither devs are looking after the threads and he (amit garde) is not going to tell these problems further to any dev or mod. As his device is working fine i don't know how? He'll never gonna help the users and keep telling everyone that ur device is faulty. So stop expecting any improvements/updates. It's the end to zenfone 5z. Deeply disappointed to have buggy flagship phone at last.

View post
ROFL..... Like seriously you are blaming me for not raising issues ohh god...! 😂 🤣 I am not asus owner but Just a user remember this and yes as you said let me tell you i am satisfied with what i have so no complains from my side also please note that i always keep trying whatever i can so plzz... 😅😂

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
Look guys, I am also a 5z user for 1.5 years now. I don't comment a lot here becausesome things I have reported have been taken care of. While ASUS dev responses are below par. I'd say mods and users here are more than supportive, including @amitgarde3. Many other users and mods are also receptive. So cornering a mod or an user is not a justified behaviour in any case.
However yes, I agree wholeheartedly that ASUS should for once take note of how the devs are working because the patches released look extremely lousy sometimes and it deems as if the effort from the dev side is kind of lousy at best. It is something every brand goes through but there is room for improvement here.
That being said, let's look at a few important points here:
Camera blur issue seems to be a major thing with this device. I have personally never faced this issue in my 1.5 years of usage. But some users seem to be facing this. There was a sim card problem earlier which affected a lot of users. It happened due to some batches of phones that were shipped with faulty hardware. People who bought 5z around that period were simply unlucky and they had to get the hardware replaced. I think the camera issue may be similar where a few batches of products have a faulty OIS motor that keeps getting stuck. Take it to the service centre once.
But since someone reported that downgrading to A9 solved the camera issue. There may be something we are onto here. Can we get side by side A9 and A10 screenshots and logs. @amitgarde3 @Averan @Anders_ASUS @Christine_ASUS can we please look into this one at the earliest? We might be onto something here.
Lastly, battery drain is something I have been facing too. I was getting 2.5 hours SOT. A complete factory reset brought it up to 3.5 hours SOT on A10 v110. Downgrading to A9 is giving me 6.5 hours of battery so something in the software must be messing with the battery too. It is not just a battery issue. That being said, the problem may be from google's end as most phones suffered a battery hit with A10 update. I'd request ASUS to look into this, but there seems to be something in A10 from google that is sucking up more battery compared to A9.
Hope these help you all! Thanks! Peace!
PS: Seriously, when is this update coming though? 😂